I have an s7 and have used textra for years.
    Recently I started not getting texts at the time the are sent.
    However if I text someone, it almost opens a gap for all the texts to come through at once. So I am texting myself every hour so that texts from others can come through.

I have tried setting the default app for messages in case it was a textra issue, no change, not a textra issue
    I've reset everything I can think to reset
    I cleared cache and data
    I allowed messages to be unmonitored in battery settings

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
    07-15-2020 06:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I see that you have tried to rule out whether or not Textra was the culprit here; but I'd still recommend contacting Textra's app development team, which you can do via the app. They are quite helpful and usually respond in a timely manner. I've used Textra off and on for years and have reached out to the app development team on a couple of occasions, and they have always been useful. Even though your situation may not be Textra-related, they still may be able to give you some pointers on where to go from here.

Lastly, I'd recommend booting your phone into Safe Mode to see if the issue still persists.

What is your signal like? Are you at home or elsewhere - do texts seem to pop up more often in other rooms/places? Can you still receive phone calls as normal?

Also, please consider joining Android Central so you can participate and reply to your thread! As a guest user, you cannot reply. Here is the quick link to get you all set up:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-2020 08:00 AM
    Try resetting Textra by clearing it's data,cache then force stop see if it goes back to normal
    Morty2264 and BergerKing like this.
    07-15-2020 10:35 AM
    Any updates on your situation, OP? Let us know if we can be of further help!
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-16-2020 08:02 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I deleted textra to no avail.

I hadn't considered it was a network issue which is starting to make sense. Calls has been an issue, just not as noticable. I did an experiment and calls go straight to voice mail, unless I turn off wifi, then they'll come through fine (while in safe mode too).

Is this resolveable? My housemate is on the same networks with none of these issues
    07-17-2020 03:04 AM
    I also found a tip to go into Developer settings and enable mobile data always on, which it already was. But I flicked it off and on for good measure, again triggering texts to come through briefly, then blocked again.
    07-17-2020 03:30 AM
    It almost sounds like a rouge app, but if all of the issue persist in Safe Mode that mostly rules that out.

Try resetting your network settings.
    07-17-2020 06:07 AM
    Are you using a power saving mode?
    07-17-2020 06:32 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I deleted textra to no avail.

I hadn't considered it was a network issue which is starting to make sense. Calls has been an issue, just not as noticable. I did an experiment and calls go straight to voice mail, unless I turn off wifi, then they'll come through fine (while in safe mode too).

Is this resolveable? My housemate is on the same networks with none of these issues
    So these issues are still persisting, even in Safe Mode? It may be time to try to isolate the rogue app.

However, if you're having similar issues with signal and calling, perhaps it is indeed a network problem. Are you in a basement? What kind of walls are there? Do you have better reception in other areas of the house where you live?
    07-17-2020 07:58 AM
    No power saving mode on, and while I was in battery settings I added textra to the 'always run in back ground' list (I reinstalled it once I realised it wasn't the issue).
    If texts can't come through because of the wifi, is there a way to turn wifi off for that app? Or allow data to over ride?
    07-17-2020 08:10 AM
    No power saving mode on, and while I was in battery settings I added textra to the 'always run in back ground' list (I reinstalled it once I realised it wasn't the issue).
    If texts can't come through because of the wifi, is there a way to turn wifi off for that app? Or allow data to over ride?
    Try Google message app , see if you still run into the issue.
    07-17-2020 08:45 AM
    Keep us posted on what happens please, OP!
    07-18-2020 07:54 AM
    Tried Google messaging, same issue.
    It shouldn't be a building block, live in a standard single story home, been here for years with no issues until last week.
    Tried rebooting the wifi network, going into flight mode and resetting the data networks too.

I am all out of ideas.

I've researched new phones, but I'm not convinced if I put this sim in a new phone on the same networks that I won't gave the same issues and I'll just be $1000 in the hole
    07-18-2020 06:28 PM
    Other than to continue testing my theory, I haven't had wifi on for 24 hours and it's been working great, but that's not really sustainable (especially while in lockdown)
    07-18-2020 06:30 PM
    Other than to continue testing my theory, I haven't had wifi on for 24 hours and it's been working great, but that's not really sustainable (especially while in lockdown)
    Which carrier you on ? Do you use wifi calling?
    07-19-2020 01:13 AM
    If the problem seems to only happen when the wifi is on, see what happens when you enable the Developer menu then in there turn on the option that "keep on the cell data radio while wifi is on".
    07-19-2020 07:07 PM