How to match my files folder with my gallery album huawei

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I moved some files into specific folders in the file manager but it did not reflect in the gallery. For example, I moved a photo in the "Christmas" album via file manager but in my gallery, that specific photo is not in the Christmas album. If I try to add the photo in the album through the gallery, it doesn't do anything

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Gallery apps do not read the file system for the list of pictures. They read the Media Database. The Media Database is updated by the Media Indexing Service. Unfortunately, moving a file does not usually trigger a scan from the indexing service. There are apps that you can install to manually trigger an indexing scan while the common option is just to restart the phone which will kick off the indexer when the phone comes back up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the app cache/data for the Gallery app in Settings>Apps, then open the Gallery app again and give it a few seconds to rebuild the database. Does that help?

Is your Christmas album its own directory on the phone's storage, or does the Gallery app create its own virtual albums that don't correspond at all to the directories in the phone's storage?