The Messages app has worked for the 2 1/2 years that I have had the LG6. This morning suddenly it would open then a message box would appear with Messages Keeps Stopping with the option Open App again, Close App and Send Feedback. I have sent feedback more than once. All the apps, like WhatsApp, Hang Outs and my Contacts still function.

I talked to the dealer where I purchased the phone and they responded that since it was a default app they couldn't fix it. It was either do a complete clean of the phone and then add back on the items that had been on the phone before. But that had not guarantees that it would fix the problem or it could well loss information on the phone. The other option was to purchase another phone which would be a Samsung.

Lloyd
    07-16-2020 06:33 PM
    LG G6 ??

Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Which messaging app?

The first thing I would try is to go into the phone's settings for the app, force stop and clear the cache and restart the phone.
    07-16-2020 08:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread and receive notifications when other comment please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

Do you clear out old messages and MMS? Having a large number of messages can cause issues with messaging apps. Clearing out old messages or archiving them is the best way to tidy up your messaging app. There are several apps and services that can help you back up messages if you're not ready to fully delete them.

If you're a good steward and keep you messaging app backed up and archived you may need to clear out the cache for the app. Apps usually clear their own caches, often during restarts of the device but sometimes updates can throw this cycle out of whack. To manually clear the cache go to Settings>Apps>(your messaging app)>Clear Cache.

Sometimes clearing the cache isn't enough and you'll have to clear the data for the app too. This shouldn't delete any of your messages but it will do things like reset your ringtones to default, change your theme to default and return default settings.

Try to reduce your message load, clear the app cache and if needed clear the app data. Let us know what you find.
    07-16-2020 08:12 PM
    Is this the stock message app or 3rd party?
    07-16-2020 08:24 PM