How do I install a system UI to a phone that doesn't have one?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My device is TECNO7C and OS version is 6.0,I mistakenly replaced my system ui with the wrong one but I luckily have a backup in the internal storage but the problem is how to get it back to where it belongs.When I turn the phone on, it shows nothing but the wallpaper, I have booted it to safe mode but it is the same thing.Please help, my phone is rooted

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you clarify what you mean by replacing the system UI? That isn't something that must randomly happened. Taking you at your word, that would require intentional effort on your part to do so, and reverting to the stock interface would pretty much be the same steps and I would add l expect you to already know now to do that.

Are you perhaps referring to the launcher, which is what you see as your home screens and such when pressing the home button? If so, try going into the phone's main settings and look for a display section. There should be an option in there to select a default launcher. You could also just uninstall the current launcher app if you don't want it anymore, and it should revert to the stock one.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you've disabled your launcher there really isn't much you can do since you are not able to access any of your menus or apps. You will probably have to go through whatever steps were taken to root the device and restore it to usability. If you set up the device before getting rid of the launcher you might be able to send an app to the device from Google Play... but I still think that would require the launcher. From a browser go to Google Play, Log-in, find a launcher, select your device and try sending it to your device...?

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others comment on your thread please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21