Hello? Last couple of days, there is a blue small octopus- like icon on my android, and when I click on it, some kind of a search engine opens... Does somebody know what kind of search engine is it and is there an option to uninstall it( perhaps on Google Play)? I would really appreciate if someone helped me. Thank you
    07-21-2020 09:01 AM
    When it opens, press the recent apps button and the responsible app should be right at the first of the list. Press and hold the icon for the app and it should pop-up an option to find it in your app manager, where you can find out which app it is and uninstall it.
    Andrea_Maz likes this.
    07-21-2020 10:51 AM
    Can post a screen shot:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=413366

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Andrea_Maz likes this.
    07-21-2020 01:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is it an app shortcut icon on your homescreen only? Or is it a floating icon that also appears on top of other open apps, like your browser screen?
    Andrea_Maz likes this.
    07-21-2020 08:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is it an app shortcut icon on your homescreen only? Or is it a floating icon that also appears on top of other open apps, like your browser screen?
    Thank You very much for your answer It is a floating icon: it looks like a small blue octopus on a leash or sth like that... and it pops up from the top at stops in the middle of my homescreen, and I cannot remove it, I can just drag it to the right or to the left... And when I click on it, some kind of a browser opens... Do You know maybe how can I remove this floating icon from my homescreen, what is it and how can I uninstall it? Thanks again
    07-22-2020 08:08 AM
    Thank You very much for your answer It is a floating icon: it looks like a small blue octopus on a leash or sth like that... and it pops up from the top at stops in the middle of my homescreen, and I cannot remove it, I can just drag it to the right or to the left... And when I click on it, some kind of a browser opens... Do You know maybe how can I remove this floating icon from my homescreen, what is it and how can I uninstall it? Thanks again
    Hi, welcome !

Which phone do you have? And can u post a screenshot?
    Andrea_Maz likes this.
    07-22-2020 08:45 AM
    It's almost certainly a sneaky "feature" hidden with some app you installed. If you only recently noticed this, then uninstall the last few apps you recently installed and see if it goes away.
    mustang7757 and Andrea_Maz like this.
    07-22-2020 09:40 AM
    It's almost certainly a sneaky "feature" hidden with some app you installed. If you only recently noticed this, then uninstall the last few apps you recently installed and see if it goes away.
    Agree, safe mode will definitely know for sure
    Andrea_Maz likes this.
    07-22-2020 11:29 AM
    When it opens, press the recent apps button and the responsible app should be right at the first of the list. Press and hold the icon for the app and it should pop-up an option to find it in your app manager, where you can find out which app it is and uninstall it.
    Thank You
    07-22-2020 04:52 PM
    Agree, safe mode will definitely know for sure
    Thanks for your answer
    07-22-2020 04:53 PM
    Thank You very much for your help, I appreciate it
    07-22-2020 04:54 PM
    Hello everybody! I am so thankful to all of you who tried to help me. I really appreciate it.
    Unfortunately, it turned out that it was some kind of a virus on my android device. I wanted to let you know in case , God forbidden, somebody has or will have the same problem... Hopefully this post will help him or her. Thank You very much.
    07-23-2020 04:38 PM
    Hello everybody! I am so thankful to all of you who tried to help me. I really appreciate it.
    Unfortunately, it turned out that it was some kind of a virus on my android device. I wanted to let you know in case , God forbidden, somebody has or will have the same problem... Hopefully this post will help him or her. Thank You very much.
    Hi, thanks for updating us , did u do a factory reset?
    Andrea_Maz likes this.
    07-23-2020 04:42 PM
    Hi, thanks for updating us , did u do a factory reset?
    Hi, I contacted my phone service and they, unfortunately, told me that there is nothing I can do and that I should buy a new mobile phone...
    07-23-2020 04:57 PM
    Hi, I contacted my phone service and they, unfortunately, told me that there is nothing I can do and that I should buy a new mobile phone...
    No way , they told u this !

So u wouldn't try a factory reset?
    Andrea_Maz likes this.
    07-23-2020 05:33 PM
    Highly unlikely this is a virus and there certainly are things you can do to fix it, which may not even require a factory reset. Unfortunately you don't seem to be willing to try the suggestions we have offered or work with us to help figure it out, and there is little more we can do to help at this point.
    07-23-2020 07:05 PM
    Strange advice. It still would've been much easier to boot into Safe Mode, as previously suggested by mustang7757, to see if that went away. If it did, then you'd know that it was due to some 3rd party app that either you installed, or that got sneaked in alongside some other app you installed. You sure your phone service wasn't just trying to take advantage of you and get you to buy a new phone?
    mustang7757 and Andrea_Maz like this.
    07-24-2020 12:13 AM
    Strange advice. It still would've been much easier to boot into Safe Mode, as previously suggested by mustang7757, to see if that went away. If it did, then you'd know that it was due to some 3rd party app that either you installed, or that got sneaked in alongside some other app you installed. You sure your phone service wasn't just trying to take advantage of you and get you to buy a new phone?
    Who ever they spoke to gave very poor advice., Look like didn't want to be bothered with a customer issue.
    07-24-2020 12:21 AM
    I am sorry, I didn't want to be impolite. I accepted your pieces of advice. Yeah, unfortunately, it is very likely that my phone service just wanted to sell me their product Thanks again for being helpful. Thanks for sharing your time and energy with me and my problem.

Best regards,

Andrea
    Javier P and mustang7757 like this.
    07-24-2020 08:14 AM