So I have an issue, I've read about it in a few places, and I haven't found a very conclusive answer (at least, not that addresses the whole of my question).

I have a Xiami Mi A2 Lite with Android 10 (came with Android 8 out of the box).

No matter what app I am in, no matter if I the phone has 12 days or 12 minutes of up time, every time I switch apps, the app I return to that is already running auto refreshes. Most annoying are Facebook and Chrome.

I have read that the Facebook app itself is responsible for its own quirky behavior, so I am not placing much hope to find a positive outcome for this app, but even Chrome, or very basic games (e.g. 1010, or any other minimal app) do this, even if I switch back and forth within seconds.

I took a look in the developer options, and I always have a minimum of 1.5GB of ram free. I do not have the kill background option enabled.

Is there a solution for this issue? I find it annoying that no matter if it's Twitter, Reddit, Chrome, or anything else, when I switch back, I can never pick up where I left off, the app refreshes automatically.

Thanks!
    07-21-2020 06:06 PM
    Different phone makers deal with killing background apps differently. Some are very aggressive about it.

If you have any apps that kill background apps to "speed up your phone", uninstalling them usually solves the problem.
    07-21-2020 06:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This app will give you an idea of how aggressive your system is with killing apps: DontKillMyApp. They have an interesting site as well: https://dontkillmyapp.com/
    07-21-2020 09:22 PM
    It looks like that phone came with either 3 GB of 4 GB of memory (depending on which version you have). 3 GB these days is fairly low, and even 4 GB is questionable depending on what you do on it. If you are multitasking a lot, that can easily fill available memory and cause apps to be forced closed, which would cause refreshes the next time you switch to them.

Services like Facebook like to stay up to date in real time, so that's expected as well.
    07-21-2020 09:31 PM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-21-2020 09:44 PM