Hi, I have been getting many spam and scam calls all with different numbers that have seriously been annoying me. Therefore blocking every single number simply takes too long.

I have a Samsung galaxy a20e and I turned on its Do Not Disturb mode and set the exception to my contacts only.

Now this works fine for numbers that are not international (I am based in the UK so all UK numbers cannot get through) but when I receive international numbers (In my case one from Belarus and one from Iceland) their calls do get through and ring my phone despite those numbers not being in my contacts list.

My question is, why does DND mode allow these numbers to go through even though they are not in my contacts list? Anything I can do to fix this issue?

Many thanks
    07-21-2020 06:30 PM
    I'd be curious if you turned it off and rejected the calls would they call back multiple times? It seems like there's a possibility that somehow international numbers would be excluded from DND. That would be odd without a control for it or some mention that the function works for everything except international calls. However there is an exception that can be enabled or disabled for repeat callers. If they call more than once in less than 15 minutes the call will go through. I guess it's an ICE exception. Check the option under Exceptions. If it's off there's something else going on.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others comment please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    07-22-2020 08:02 PM
    Hi, I am the OP of this thread. It's fine, I just figured DND only silences the calls and dosen't block them. It's still fine by me as my contacts still ring but those who are not in my contacts (The scammers) their calls will not ring
    07-24-2020 10:53 AM
    Hi, I am the OP of this thread. It's fine, I just figured DND only silences the calls and dosen't block them. It's still fine by me as my contacts still ring but those who are not in my contacts (The scammers) their calls will not ring
    Hi, welcome !

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery ?
    07-24-2020 12:00 PM