The mic has disappeared from the keyboard for all apps that previously had it. The keyboard has turned green. I searched old answers but they don't match my menus.
    07-21-2020 10:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which keyboard app?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-21-2020 11:08 PM
    Definitely need know which phone and keyboard, but try clearing data, cache, force stop your keyboard
    07-22-2020 12:23 AM
    If the keyboard changed options and appearance I'm wondering if it is still the same keyboard?

It's not overly easy to change keyboards but it is easy and I could see it being an accident. I've seen a few posts of "How do I turn off Voice Keyboard", "Why did my phone switch to Voice Keyboard" and the like all being accidental changes. Yes I know my examples are about Voice Keyboard but if it changed to just another keyboard people are probably more excepting, unless it also takes their mic away.
    07-22-2020 07:48 PM
    When I try to register (again) it says my email is already in use. When I ask for password help it grays out and never sends it.

When I go here:
    https://www.androidcentral.com/ , I do not see a clear and easy path to get back to this forum. Logged in via gmail to get this reply window.

Regarding the problem: I disabled GBoard and it cleared up. Re-enabled and no problem. So what kbd is recommended for a Moto G5 Plus?

I know it is an old phone but can't afford new one at this time. Really would like to as it is really acting stupid sometimes: maps voice goes up 2 octaves and sounds like a small girl, auto rotate turns it self off (driving down the road map in landscape in a window clamp, switches to portrait, have to go to settings to turn on again), responding very slowly at times. Is there a cleanup I can do that won't delete things I need like contacts and all the company apps I must use?

I live in the north Dallas area. Any recommendations on where to get a battery replaced? I would do it myself but all my electronics lab gear is in Virginia.

Thanks,
    John
    07-23-2020 09:45 AM
    When I try to register (again) it says my email is already in use. When I ask for password help it grays out and never sends it.

When I go here:
    https://www.androidcentral.com/ , I do not see a clear and easy path to get back to this forum. Logged in via gmail to get this reply window.

Regarding the problem: I disabled GBoard and it cleared up. Re-enabled and no problem. So what kbd is recommended for a Moto G5 Plus?

I know it is an old phone but can't afford new one at this time. Really would like to as it is really acting stupid sometimes: maps voice goes up 2 octaves and sounds like a small girl, auto rotate turns it self off (driving down the road map in landscape in a window clamp, switches to portrait, have to go to settings to turn on again), responding very slowly at times. Is there a cleanup I can do that won't delete things I need like contacts and all the company apps I must use?

I live in the north Dallas area. Any recommendations on where to get a battery replaced? I would do it myself but all my electronics lab gear is in Virginia.

Thanks,
    John
    Hi welcome to AC !

Looks like you were able to register
    07-23-2020 10:12 AM
    First since you registered let's get you the thread ownership. That way you can get notifications that will guide you back here.

Moderator please change thread ownership to Preserved Killick.
    07-23-2020 06:42 PM
    If you subscribe to the thread you will be able to get it easily.
    07-23-2020 06:47 PM
    With all of those issues I would recommend doing a partition cache clean. I found this link that should help you do the partition wipe, it says hard reset everywhere but wiping the cache partition won't affect any data or reset the device... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dFyr8gtgIV518r

Then I would recommend an app like Ccleaner from the Play Store to clear out all of your caches and help you reduce some of the unneeded stuff on your device.

Beyond that cleaning up your SMS/text conversations usually has some benefits as well. Just deleting texts you no longer need.

Are you using any kind of backup? You seemed concerned for your contacts and such. If you make them Google contacts they will auto backup and auto restore if the device is ever factory reset or on a new device. You can set folders to auto backup through Google Photos then delete the images from your device memory.

Post back to let us know how things went and if you have anymore questions.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-23-2020 06:53 PM
    Moderator please change thread ownership to Preserved Killick.
    Done!
    VidJunky likes this.
    07-24-2020 12:15 AM