my brother has a samsung j1 and it has recordings of messages that are recently deceased mother sent to him. How does he get them off the phone to the USB without losing the precious calls?
    07-23-2020 01:44 AM
    I guess it depends on where the messages are. You're saying that he has the recording on his device, so if it something that was previously captured as a file on the device, moving it should be as simple as connecting the device to a PC. Connect the device to a PC, unlock the device (most devices will be detected as soon as they are unlocked), open a file browser on the PC (any folder on the PC will work), use the navigation bar on the left to find My Computer, within that folder look for the name of the device and open that, there may be 2 or 3 folders listed here, on Windows 8 or higher type the name of the file in the search bar (top right), when the file appears it can then be transferred to any location on the PC or USB drive.

If the message is still in a Voicemail service, you may have to team up and record it from one device to the other. The advantage of this will be that once recorded it will be an actual data file that can then be transferred as I described above. If device to device is not possible the default Voice Recorder app, or a similar app downloaded from the Play Store, can be used to try and capture the recording. What I had to do when I was in a similar situation was,

- open the Voice Recorder app and send it to the background,

- open my phone app and place the call to my voice mail on speakerphone,

- use the quick app switch function to bring the recorder up while the call was going through or after you're on the call

- start the recorder then find and play the message

- close the phone app and stop the Voice Recorder app

- then I had to edit the recording to get rid of the unwanted stuff.

The recording isn't that great but I was able to capture it. That recording then becomes a file that can be transferred like I described before.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others comment please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    07-23-2020 05:16 AM
    I've also done this using using the headphone out and a digital recorder that saved the audio to a SD card, which we then used to move the recordings to the person's computer. Of course - I did this at work, where I had an A/V guy available that had the tools for that but it IS an option if you know people.
    VidJunky likes this.
    07-23-2020 08:38 AM