I recently purchased a "Manufacturer Refurbished SG-930A" Galaxy S7 for my wife from an online merchant that advertised the phone as being "AT&T Unlocked" . The phone arrived a couple of days ago and appeared to be nearly identical to my own S7 SG-930A. But a couple of things were a bit hinky.
    The first thing I noticed was that it was NOT an SG-930A -- but was in fact a SG-930U. There was a "quick start" guide included in the box that said that the phone was a VERIZON phone that could be reconfigured to work with an GSM carrier -- including AT&T. It included a rather convoluted set of instructions to make it work with AT&T. I took it to my local AT&T store to get a SIM card installed and to perform the basic configuration that the phone required to work properly.
    The guy there spent more than 1 hour helping me get it set up. Ultimately, he got the phone function working, but could not get it to access her email or anything on the web... I took it home only to find out that it could only get a 1-bar signal at best -- rather than the 3-bars my own AT&T S7 gets jhere.
    The phone was pretty useless as it kept displaying "No Network Connection" whenever I tried to use a function.
    We live in a rural area and AT&T is the only carrier from whom we can get a good signal. The seller's claim that it was an AT&T phone was the reason I bought it.
    First - What is the difference between the SG-930U and the SG930A? I suspect the 930u is configured to work with Verizon and the 930A is configured for AT&T - but that is just a guess.
    The phone is nearly useless right now, and I am tempted to just send it back...but I'm betting they will not accept it.
    Can I make this phone work with AT&T's network?
    07-23-2020 09:17 AM
    Can you you post a screen shot of software page in settings then about?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=413366
    07-23-2020 10:24 AM