possible Galaxy a50 firmware problem?

shannons11

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy a505u with firmware version A505USQS4ATA3. The phone was Google Locked and I couldn't figure out how to unlock it so I sold it on eBay making sure they were aware of the Lock. The buyer returned the device saying the screen was black and defective. I received the phone and it is responsive (touch, battery charging, power, sound, vibration are all working with accessibility on) I can tell it is on Start screen of Samsung setup wizard, but the screen is sort of black and gradient with a couple horizontal lines across the middle to top of the screen when it is on. They obviously opened the device because screws are stripped and missing. The sim tray is missing as well. The serial number matches, but it appears they updated the firmware to A505U1UES5ATC3. I don't know why they would open the phone since they evidently didn't replace the motherboard. And the screen is the original (it has a distinct small crack at the very bottom so I know they did not replace it). Is the screen ruined or is this maybe a firmware issue? And why would they open the device if it doesn't appear they swapped anything? Any troubleshooting tips?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20