Gallery not working?

Hetian

Jul 26, 2020
Visit site
I have samsung j6. A few days ago, when i opened my gallery, it only showed the recent photos, and i could only swipe it next without returning to the album view. I cleared the cache, deleted the android.gallery3d something, cleared data, but nothing happened. Whenever i launch the gallery it still only opens my recent photos. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Edit: added a screenshot of my gallery (samsung app)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200728-032346_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200728-032346_Gallery.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it works in Safe Mode, that suggests that something you installed is causing the interference. The problem might come back when you boot back into regular mode. You might have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away for good.

Hetian

Jul 26, 2020
Visit site
If it works in Safe Mode, that suggests that something you installed is causing the interference. The problem might come back when you boot back into regular mode. You might have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away for good.

It did come back, and i also found the culprit. I downloaded an icon changer and i realized that i got the gallery problem the same day i downloaded it. Thank you for the help! :)

Hetian

Jul 26, 2020
Visit site
Ok good, now we on right track , you cant stay in safe mode its for diagnostic, like b. Diddy mentioned have to find which app you downloaded responsible for this .

I turned off the safe mode right away and already deleted the app responsible. I read a lot of posts looking for a solution and i had not encountered a safe mode solution. I was worried it would stay like that and im glad it's back to normal. Thank you very much for your suggestions! :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I turned off the safe mode right away and already deleted the app responsible. I read a lot of posts looking for a solution and i had not encountered a safe mode solution. I was worried it would stay like that and im glad it's back to normal. Thank you very much for your suggestions! :)
That's great
Your welcome!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It did come back, and i also found the culprit. I downloaded an icon changer and i realized that i got the gallery problem the same day i downloaded it. Thank you for the help! :)

Great! It'd be helpful as well if you can tells us the name of that icon changer, so that others with the same problem will know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15