Automatic Data reset every 4 weeks?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I live in Europe and prepaid sim cards is what most people use over here because there are no contracts. So you can always change if there is a better deal. But they reset after 28 days and because of that I always have to reset my data every 4 weeks. Cant Android com up with like automatic data reset every 28 days for all of us?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not in Europe, so maybe I'm missing something, but why would you need to factory reset the phone when updating/changing SIM cards? That shouldn't be needed, and factory resets can be quite the hassle on Android.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not in Europe, so maybe I'm missing something, but why would you need to factory reset the phone when updating/changing SIM cards? That shouldn't be needed, and factory resets can be quite the hassle on Android.
I'm not clear on what the OP means by data reset. Could it be the data counters they are referring to?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not clear on what the OP means by data reset. Could it be the data counters they are referring to?
Possibly. I just woke up and haven't had my coffee. If that's the case, it's also something I haven't seen as Kizzy mentioned. Another wrench in the gears is what the phone counts as data and what the carrier counts as data can be different, making a phone based tracker not very ideal anyway. If this is the issue, I would go by whatever data reporting the carrier offers if possible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think you can only set the data cycle to monthly (i.e., reset on a given date of each month), not every 28 days, in the system settings.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think you can only set the data cycle to monthly (i.e., reset on a given date of each month), not every 28 days, in the system settings.
Yeah that is the issue. I don’t know what country the op is in, because in the UK pay as you go SIM cards are usually billed monthly or need monthly to pups, not 28 days.

Schnuffi1

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
Yeah that is the issue. I don’t know what country the op is in, because in the UK pay as you go SIM cards are usually billed monthly or need monthly to pups, not 28 days.

Kizzy Catwomen understands I am Canadian and live in Germany. I am the originator of this thread. This has been a pain in my backside for years. I have always had prepaid sim cards they are the cheapest and have no contract so if a better deal comes along I just change for a new sim card. I have a Nokia 4.2 running Android 10. Just to be clear so everyone understands My data plan along with 100's of millions of people in the EU goes for 28 days then it starts over. In Android I can only select a day of the month say the 15th that is when my data will run out this month. So on the 15th of this month when my data runs out I have to go into my phone and change the date for the data to run out to the 12th. I like a clean Android experience with the minimum of aps. I more or less petitioning Google to not only have a monthly data reset but a one for every 28 days. It seems stupid that I have to go into my phone every 28 days to reset my data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza