I am running out of both device & cloud storage space. It has been suggested to me to get an external storage device for all my photos, videos, screen shots, downloads, etc.

I am very unfamiliar to all this, what is the best USB/Flashdrive to use for this scenario? Does the S6 have the capability to transfer these files? I had looked into buying more cloud space, but was told that this device doesn't allow buying additional cloud space here in the US.

Please help. I am fearful I will lose everything if this S6 locks up. I had this same scenario happen on my S3 years ago and it never powered on again, and I lost everything on it!

Thank you so much, in advance.
    07-28-2020 11:59 AM
    I believe the s6 models didn't have sd card slot , anyway I suggest upgrading the cloud storage option and pay to get more if needed.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-28-2020 01:03 PM
    They support OTG, though. Some good info here https://www.technorms.com/44606/add-...e-to-galaxy-s6
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-28-2020 01:31 PM
    You need an otg micro usb flash drive. Put it in the bottom of your S6 and in the drop down menu make sure it says transferring files. It may want to format your drive before you can use it. Just follow the instructions and then back your data up using the built in files app.

It may take a while, especially if you have a lot of photos and videos. I would recommend a flash drive with 128GB storage so that it is future proof.
    Galactic Zoo and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-28-2020 01:52 PM