I am currently using BlackBerry evolve. Loaded with android 8.1 waiting for Android 10. Is it possible? I genuinely wanted camera update or bug fixes it lagging tragically. Hope BlackBerry will look into this
    07-31-2020 10:35 AM
    I heard the blackberry evolve x , not sure if thats yours?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-31-2020 11:08 AM
    If it's still running Android 8.1 the possibility of getting 10 is slim. They would have done Android 9 (Pie) sometime in the last 18 months if they were going to update the device.
    07-31-2020 11:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd say the chances are zero. Your only hope would be if some industrious person developed a custom ROM for the phone based on Android 10, which would require rooting the phone as well. Check the forums at XDA-Developers.com, which is a good resource for that kind of thing.
    Pixeluser2020 likes this.
    07-31-2020 01:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd say the chances are zero. Your only hope would be if some industrious person developed a custom ROM for the phone based on Android 10, which would require rooting the phone as well. Check the forums at XDA-Developers.com, which is a good resource for that kind of thing.
    It won't get any OS updates, since TCL is no longer selling or supporting any phones with the Blackberry brand as its licensing agreement has expired.

No root has ever existed for anything called Blackberry. Those phones were designed to be secure for enterprise use, but now they will just be too outdated for most enterprises due to the old version of Android that cannot be updated.
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    07-31-2020 05:00 PM
    No root has ever existed for anything called Blackberry. Those phones were designed to be secure for enterprise use, but now they will just be too outdated for most enterprises due to the old version of Android that cannot be updated.
    Ah, good point.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 05:04 PM
    It won't get any OS updates, since TCL is no longer selling or supporting any phones with the Blackberry brand as its licensing agreement has expired.

Actually, the Evolve was made by Optimeus for the Indian market.

But, the situation is pretty much the same...

Licensee not getting the results they hoped, decided not to pay BlackBerry Limited the contractually obligated fee, BBL deciding not to provide OS updates for the device.

Support down the drain.
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    07-31-2020 05:21 PM