Galaxy S8+ problem with black colors of display?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, the screen of my s8+ suddenly started to look washed out and dull , I dialed *#0*# so I could do a color test, and then I found out that the color black wasn't actually black, it was like brown(instead of black it was brown), i think this "black crush,how can I solve this?

alan smith14

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Try safe mode , see if any 3rd party apps are causing this .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Hi, i tried the safe mode, but the problem is still there, I also noticed that the problem only happens when I am in a dark room or place, when I go to a place or room with light(or point a flashlight to the phone) the problem is solved(I tried turning off and on the adaptive brightness but did not solve anything) any thought on that?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, i tried the safe mode, but the problem is still there, I also noticed that the problem only happens when I am in a dark room or place, when I go to a place or room with light(or point a flashlight to the phone) the problem is solved(I tried turning off and on the adaptive brightness but did not solve anything) any thought on that?
Can you post a screen shot?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366

alan smith14

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Ok, it looks like I should have chosen a better photo. What about this one? Do you find it washed out?

I wish I could also screenshoot the test I did by dialing *#0*# to show that the color black is looking like brown.

Attachments

• 4792.jpg
    4792.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance