how to install ringtone in downloads file

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
So I found Ara Winton's (sp?) article on using a custom mp3 ringtone on my brand new Pixel 4 with Android 10 and none of the instructions have the remotest resemblance to what I'm seeing when I try to use them. And that article is only 2 months old. The downloaded mp3 is in my Download folder in Files on the new phone. I can select it, but I can't figure out how to move it into the Ringtones. I am doing a system update as I type this so there's no rush. But if anybody can give me steps for the very latest OS release I would really appreciate it.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
To move/copy the file to the /Ringtones folder, just use your favorite file browser app to do the move/copy. May or may not need to restart the phone afterwards.

I am still on Android 9 with my LG V30, so I am assuming nothing has changed in android 10 regarding these special folders.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
To move/copy the file to the /Ringtones folder, just use your favorite file browser app to do the move/copy. May or may not need to restart the phone afterwards.

I am still on Android 9 with my LG V30, so I am assuming nothing has changed in android 10 regarding these special folders.
There is no difference in Android 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995