SAMSUNG SCH-I92U VER 4.1.2 BASEBAND VER. I925UVXAMD1
    Kernal 3.0.31-1098858 build number JZO54K.I925UVXAMD1
    Hardware Ver. I925U.02.

I would like to upgrade to something more....up to date, ( if possible ) than jelly bean 4.1.2. try to bring this thing out of the dark ages as far as i can. I do not use this tablet for any phone services..I have pulled the SIM to prevent that. I mostly use it as a listening device for old radio shows
    etc. Sometimes for surfing, and playing simple games. If it gets bricked,oh well....I just hate tossing old tablets if I can still make use of them. Any of you gurus have a solution for this old fart?
    08-11-2020 09:26 AM
    If there's a ROM out there, you'll have better luck finding it on XDA.

My opinion though - to be anywhere worthwhile for app support it will need to be on Android 5 or later. That device will not run those very well.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2020 09:29 AM
    At best, you'll only go from the dark ages to the mostly dark ages. I get that you don't want to toss out a device if it's usable, but any update you find is still going to be behind the times and not worth it. It shouldn't be too hard to find a way to recycle it so it's at least not going into a landfill.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2020 10:06 AM
    It shouldn't be too hard to find a way to recycle it so it's at least not going into a landfill.
    Yeah, it might make its way to Woot. They recently were selling the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) tablet for $150. It's just not worth it at that price when you can grab one from WalMart for the same price and have a current or at least more recent OS!
    08-11-2020 10:09 AM
    Yeah, it might make its way to Woot. They recently were selling the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) tablet for $150. It's just not worth it at that price when you can grab one from WalMart for the same price and have a current or at least more recent OS!
    If you're talking about the Onn brand tablets from Wal-Mart, I'd rather have the 2014 Samsung tablet. Lol
    08-11-2020 10:32 AM
    If you're talking about the Onn brand tablets from Wal-Mart, I'd rather have the 2014 Samsung tablet. Lol
    Nope, there have been some Samsung tablets in that price range.
    08-11-2020 10:35 AM
    That's the original Note 10.1 tablet right?

I've still got mine, I rooted it and got 4.4 on it years ago and regretted it. Not only is 4.4 still too old to support many apps, I lost a lot of the native features related to the S Pen and software from Samsung. I didn't realize that would happen. It also developed a charging problem and the tablet automatically powers on when plugged in.

Then to make matters worse Netflix, Hulu, and others quit working on rooted hardware. So the one thing the tablet was still good for no longer functioned.

The apps that are still compatible are horrendously slow, to the extent I can't tolerate using it.

Haven't thrown it away yet, makes a good alarm clock, its plenty loud and surprisingly the battery still holds a charge for nearly 4 weeks when used as an alarm clock.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2020 11:03 AM