My new LG Stylo 2020 releas has MediaTec???

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

We bought an LG Stylo and Motorola with 2020 release android 10 from MetroPCS 2 weeks ago. Both phones have Mediatek on them. The Play Store is completely fake all the apps are completely fake and they are stealing all of our information as my screens are very blurry and not working correctly. My phone actually locked me out within the first week of using it ....thank God. This is actually a blessing because they would steal more of my accounts. These phones are brand new and we have had all of our accounts hacked. What do we do?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
We bought an LG Stylo and Motorola with 2020 release android 10 from MetroPCS 2 weeks ago. Both phones have Mediatek on them. The Play Store is completely fake all the apps are completely fake and they are stealing all of our information as my screens are very blurry and not working correctly. My phone actually locked me out within the first week of using it ....thank God. This is actually a blessing because they would steal more of my accounts. These phones are brand new and we have had all of our accounts hacked. What do we do?

You should register so we can find out why you think everything is fake, and why you think info is being stolen.

Did the phone just up and tell you "hey, I'm taking your information" ?

Chances are, none of that is the case.

And, yes, the Stylo 6 does have the MediaTek MT6765. Any search of the phone's specs would tell you that.

Don't know about the Motorola... you didn't say what model.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You got the phones brand new from Metro, or did you get them unlocked from somewhere else and bring them to Metro?

Which LG Stylo version -- the Stylo 5? And which Moto phone? What makes you say the Play Store is completely fake?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You got the phones brand new from Metro, or did you get them unlocked from somewhere else and bring them to Metro?

Which LG Stylo version -- the Stylo 5? And which Moto phone? What makes you say the Play Store is completely fake?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html
I assumed the OP meant the Stylo 6, which is their 2020 model. And the 6 does indeed have the MediaTek SOC.

There are several 2020 release Motos, and I found one does also use the MediaTek and is sold by Metro.

Not sure what the OP's bias against it is all about, though.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I assumed the OP meant the Stylo 6, which is their 2020 model. And the 6 does indeed have the MediaTek SOC.

There are several 2020 release Motos, and I found one does also use the MediaTek and is sold by Metro.

Not sure what the OP's bias against it is all about, though.

Assuming the op is American there is a lot of blind hatred and paranoia towards the Chinese right now. Some Americans are convinced if it's Chinese it's stealing their data.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Assuming the op is American there is a lot of blind hatred and paranoia towards the Chinese right now. Some Americans are convinced if it's Chinese it's stealing their data.
Except that MediaTek is not a Chinese company. They're in Taiwan. MediaTek may sell to Chinese companies - like Huawei - but China has no influence on any Taiwanese hi-tech company.

Although the OP may not be aware of that.

MediaTek also supplies the SoCs for all the Amazon Fire tablets.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Except that MediaTek is not a Chinese company. They're in Taiwan. MediaTek may sell to Chinese companies - like Huawei - but China has no influence on any Taiwanese hi-tech company.

Although the OP may not be aware of that.

MediaTek also supplies the SoCs for all the Amazon Fire tablets.

I know Taiwan isn't part of China, some don't. Honestly I thought Mediatek was Chinese, I've never looked into the company much since I've never owned a product with their SOC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair