ANDROID made it where if I'm on a phone call, I cannot use my VOICE SEARCH. I was always able to do this on Android 9.

It seems the "geniuses" at Google disabled this feature for whatever reason.

I have already deleted and disabled Google Chrome and Google Search widget because I can't watch videos while I'm on a phone call.
    I found a fix around that: FIREFOX and FIREFOX SEARCH WIDGET. I can finally play videos during a call, but I have to hang up for the voice search to work.

I also can't watch videos or listen to audio files in the Messages app during a phone call.

This is not an App issue; this is an Android issue. I have tested this out on multiple devices with Android 10 and they are all the same.

I'm losing my mind. I am starting to hate Android more and more they keep making my life more difficult. Please help me before I switch to an Apple device!

Please tell me there is a work around. Thank you all for your time!

My phone info:
    OnePlus 7T (model HD1905)
    Build:
    Oxygen OS 10.0.9.HD65AA
    Android Version:
    08-11-2020 07:35 PM
    Which carrier you have ?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-11-2020 09:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is your phone capable of VoLTE on your carrier? If not, that might be the problem. Carriers are starting to sunset their 2G networks, therefore relying on 4G for both data and voice (the latter via VoLTE). Phones that can't handle VoLTE may not be able to have simultaneous voice and data. So this probably isn't an Android or Google issue, so maybe you shouldn't jump to that conclusion yet.
    08-11-2020 11:29 PM
    I have Verizon and yes my phone has VoLTE. This is not a carrier issue. Like I've stated previously it's a Android software issue. My internet works fine while on a phone call. The issue is I can't use voice-to-text while on a phone call. It's as if my voice input only has one "lane." Once it's being used during a phone call, it gets disabled for everything except that phone call. My Samsung S8+ running Android 9 didn't have this issue. My OnePlus 7T and my friends Samsung S20 (Android 10) have this issue.
    Can anyone else verify this? Please make a phone call, then try using voice-to-text while on a call and tell me if it works. Thank you
    08-12-2020 02:52 AM
    Off the top of my head, I am surprised that this ever worked for you. While you are in a phone call, the phone app has control of the microphone and speakers. I would expect that no other app would get access to them. Granted, I have never tried this.

Curious to see where this conversation goes.
    B. Diddy and kct1975 like this.
    08-14-2020 08:05 AM
    @mustang7757, do you recall being able to do what the OP mentioned on Pie? I agree with ManiacJoe, it seems unusual given that the Phone app should have complete control of over the microphone during a call, making voice-to-text impossible at the same time.
    kct1975 likes this.
    08-14-2020 10:08 AM
    @mustang7757, do you recall being able to do what the OP mentioned on Pie? I agree with ManiacJoe, it seems unusual given that the Phone app should have complete control of over the microphone during a call, making voice-to-text impossible at the same time.
    I don't remember on pie , but on phone call on Android 10 you can't use voice to text and I would assume same on pie.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-14-2020 11:10 AM
    Tested this on my wife's S8 running Pie, it does not work.
    mustang7757, B. Diddy and kct1975 like this.
    08-14-2020 03:06 PM
    Tested this on my wife's S8 running Pie, it does not work.
    Yeah figured , if one application is using , you have to stop it to use it for another .
    anon(10614692) and kct1975 like this.
    08-14-2020 03:08 PM
    I sincerely hope that I don't get any hate for this...but nobody has asked the obvious question...so I will do so...

Why would anyone be watching a video or listening to music while on a phone call?

Don't get me wrong...I can completely understand checking emails or searching the internet during a phone call, due to needing to reference an email or search for some information during the phone call.

For the life of me, however, I cannot understand why anyone would need to watch a video or listen to music during a phone call
    08-15-2020 07:12 PM
    I sincerely hope that I don't get any hate for this...but nobody has asked the obvious question...so I will do so...

Why would anyone be watching a video or listening to music while on a phone call?

Don't get me wrong...I can completely understand checking emails or searching the internet during a phone call, due to needing to reference an email or search for some information during the phone call.

For the life of me, however, I cannot understand why anyone would need to watch a video or listen to music during a phone call
    That I can't understand myself , really !
    kct1975 likes this.
    08-15-2020 07:16 PM

I can understand the wish to use voice search or voice-to-text while on a phone call. The part about watching videos or listening to music might come into play if this is one of those people who make prolonged calls to someone else (typically a significant other) while one of them is on a long commute, just to keep them company. I've seen at least two posts from separate people about that in the past few months.
    08-15-2020 08:52 PM
    My Verizon Note 8 on Android 9 is unable to access the microphone for Google Assistant voice commands or voice to text on my keyboard. I've been with Verizon since 2012 and worked for them for 4 years. To my knowledge it was never possible, only one app can access the microphone at a time and when on the phone the phone app has the microphone.
    B. Diddy and kct1975 like this.
    08-16-2020 12:27 AM
    I was absolutely able to do all of the above on my Galaxy s8 plus running Android pie on the T-Mobile network.

The reason I love this feature is because I like to be on the phone with my girlfriend and share videos and search and multitask while being on a phone call. Aren't these phones supposed to make multitasking possible?

for the people that have said they have tested this on their Android pie maybe the apps themselves including the text to speech application have updated and disabled this feature?

Because like I have stated I am able to watch videos using Firefox but not Google Chrome so this must be a app feature that disables the voice input while on a call.

Does anybody have a Samsung s8 that they can reformat and test this theory out?

Somebody please find a solution to this it has made my life miserable. Thank you
    09-04-2020 03:38 AM
    Yeah figured , if one application is using , you have to stop it to use it for another .
    That is not true because I can watch videos and listen to sound on Firefox but not Google Chrome. And I'm telling you I'm not crazy all these features worked on my s8 plus which was the T-Mobile version running 9.0
    09-04-2020 03:48 AM
    That is not true because I can watch videos and listen to sound on Firefox but not Google Chrome. And I'm telling you I'm not crazy all these features worked on my s8 plus which was the T-Mobile version running 9.0
    My Note 10+ and Note 20U I couldn't and on t-mobile.
    09-04-2020 09:17 AM