I needed to record a quick video of a problem with a piece of equipment that is noisy. My first recording worked fine, but I didn't do a good job so I started again. Now, no matter what I do, every time I use my LG G7's camera to record a video, it is SILENT, no sound whatsoever. I tried googling it without finding any solution.

Anyone else? Any solution? Is my phone borked?

Thanks!
    08-12-2020 05:14 PM
    Make sure all mics and speakers free of lint ,debris and clean , if all check good then try safe mode .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-12-2020 06:08 PM
    Thanks for that! EVerything looks clean. More importantly, my sound recorder app works fine and records audio flawlessly. It's just the Camera app (in video recording mode) that is persistently and stubbornly silent. I tried clearing the cache (no such option!), I tried safe mode (all Google results say "power down, then hold volume-down button and power buttons simultaneously until safe mode option is shown") but none of this works (has LG removed the safe mode option???). Anyways, still stuck.
    08-12-2020 06:43 PM
    Thanks for that! EVerything looks clean. More importantly, my sound recorder app works fine and records audio flawlessly. It's just the Camera app (in video recording mode) that is persistently and stubbornly silent. I tried clearing the cache (no such option!), I tried safe mode (all Google results say "power down, then hold volume-down button and power buttons simultaneously until safe mode option is shown") but none of this works (has LG removed the safe mode option???). Anyways, still stuck.
    Hi, welcome!
    Can you find exact model number and which carrier I can try look up safe mode
    08-12-2020 07:15 PM
    Model is LM-G710AWM, running Android 10. The carrier is Fido (Canadian low-cost version of Rogers), but it's an unlocked phone (could be any carrier, I guess?).

Huge thanks for your help!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-12-2020 07:20 PM
    Model is LM-G710AWM, running Android 10. The carrier is Fido (Canadian low-cost version of Rogers), but it's an unlocked phone (could be any carrier, I guess?).

Huge thanks for your help!
    Ok let me check
    08-12-2020 07:22 PM
    Looks like hold power key then power off will display hold the power off and it will display safe mode and to exit out just reboot

08-12-2020 07:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also, did you already try clearing the app cache/data for the Camera app in Settings>Apps? (If you were looking for how to clear the cache partition, that hasn't been an option on LG phones in almost forever.)
    08-12-2020 11:04 PM