Merge text message, call log, and What's app files from 2 phones

UNCMo96

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy note 8. The phone sustained water damage. I picked up my old LG V20 and used it while the phone is being fixed.

Like an ***** I do not back up my SMS/Call logs/What's app. I do back up pictures and use exchange for contacts/calendar so that's all back up. Usually when I change phones the sms/call logs go from phone to phone with smart switch. What's App I've only used on My note 8 so never went phone to phone. Here are my questions.

It looks like my Note 8 is back. Is there anyway to merge the SMS/Call logs from the V20 for the last week back to my note 8. Also can I get my What's app messages merged?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
If you back up the messages from WhatsApp on the LG to your Google drive, when you reinstall it on your Note 8 then they will automatically install. But it would only be the messages from the LG not your previous ones. You can only have WhatsApp on one device at a time so it will have switched off from your Note 8 when you installed it onto your LG and that means all the messages you had on the Note 8 likely wiped when you set it up on the LG.

So backup the data on the LG. It is under the settings in your WhatsApp app. And then you will at least keep these latest messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz