photo and contacts from phone with broken screen
    08-13-2020 12:47 AM
    How damage is the screen? Can you see some of it or navigate around?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-13-2020 01:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! See if this method works: A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Were you contacts saved to your Google account? Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser and see if they're there. Also, go to photos.google.com, in case you were using Google Photos auto-backup.
    08-13-2020 02:06 AM
    First your contacts should be backed up to Google and possibly your photos as well, if not I'd highly recommend setting that up on the next phone. Depending on your cell carrier they might have had a back up of you contacts or their own cloud service. (I know Verizon provides this). Also if you've got an SD card photos are likely on there, most phone camera apps will default to the card when installed.

If nothing was backed up and you need to get the data off your broken phone you're probably gonna wish you had this backed up. Android is a secure OS, you can't simply pull data off of it, you need to unlock your device to get access to the data.

How to do this will depend on what your definition of broken is.

If the screen is cracked, still displays an image, but won't respond to touch you can utilize the USB port. Plugging a keyboard in will allow you to type your passcode and connecting a mouse makes it easy to navigate Andoid. This way you can get the data backed up.

If there is no display and the screen remains black, it will be much more difficult. Basically you need to try and navigate the phone blindly. I've had luck doing this only when I had an identical model phone next to me to mirror movements on. Getting the phone to unlock depending on the phones settings it may or may not allow a computer to pull data off.

If you're unsuccessful at this point you don't have much choice but to repair the phone or accept the data was lost and learn from your mistake.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-13-2020 04:34 AM