Surfing a sports website from my phone, banners ads appear (for example, advertising of an air conditioning company). Can I click on them? Is there a risk that they will steal my data or share something with my contacts ?
    08-13-2020 12:55 PM
    Clicking the ad itself SHOULD be harmless, but that doesn't mean that I'm suggesting at all that you click on them. As I noted in one of your many other threads, unless you actively act to share something it's not likely to be shared to your contacts. Allowing random apps/pop-ups to actually install something is an entirely different story.

Based on the questions you've asked thus far, unless you actively visited the Play Store yourself to search for and find an app DO NOT install any apps.
    08-13-2020 01:23 PM
    Clicking the ad itself SHOULD be harmless, but that doesn't mean that I'm suggesting at all that you click on them. As I noted in one of your many other threads, unless you actively act to share something it's not likely to be shared to your contacts. Allowing random apps/pop-ups to actually install something is an entirely different story.

Based on the questions you've asked thus far, unless you actively visited the Play Store yourself to search for and find an app DO NOT install any apps.
    For example,on the website there was a banner about an air conditioning company. I clicked on it and I visited rhe official site of the company. In that case is it harmless or not ?
    08-13-2020 02:19 PM
    Clicking a banner ad to go to a website is harmless. Clicking a link that downloads a file would be riskier, but still unlikely to be harmful as long as you don't open that file.
    08-13-2020 06:02 PM