Trying to get ringtones to be useable as ringtones.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am currently in my Google Music Play, because that's where the ringtones that I purchused went to. I am trying to download them so I can use them as their intended purpose of ringtones, but I can't find a way to get to them through the ringtones and I downloaded them so that I may find them by through connecting my phone to my laptop. I still cannot find them so I could switch them over to the ringtone section for use. It is also expecting me to rebuy them, despite paying for them. Any help would be appreciated.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
but I can't find a way to get to them through the ringtones and I downloaded them so that I may find them by through connecting my phone to my laptop.

This is not possible, music purchased from and downloaded through the Google Play Music app on your phone is hidden from normal file access in order to prevent theft. You might accomplish your goal by downloading the files through the website - https://music.google.com but do it soon as that service is actually being shut down soon.

I'm not aware of actual ringtones available from there, are you talking about actual songs?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To add to what hallux said -- once you've downloaded the mp3 from your Google Play Music library website on your computer browser, copy that mp3 file to your phone's /Ringtone directory using a USB connection (or wirelessly, if you have an app for that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol