Fake gps still detected in one app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My issue is that i am using a delivery app roadrunner one day i used fake gps to change my location but the app roadrunner caught me so i deleted the fake gps app and turned off mock location but still the app is showing a message fake gps is being used disable it and try again. However. Google maps is showing me the real location. i contacted the support team but they told me my account is clean and they can't do anything so is there a way to solve this issue?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this before. I would try to dig up the thread but that was several years ago. Anyway, like you the member used a mock location app, still don't know what the purpose of them is but, when they turned it off the mock location continued to cause them issues. It would be great if you would register so we could talk through this a bit more but I'm wondering if it may be from a file left on the device from the mock app.

Here is a guide on how to find and remove app remnants... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...les-android/&usg=AOvVaw1zaQhGvQVexMSYjYFs_J-8

After making sure that all traces of the app are gone, obviously, test and see what your results are. If you find you're still having issues I'd probably move forward with mustang7757's suggestion of clearing the cache and data for all GPS related apps. So your RoadRunner app, Google Maps, any other map or navigation apps you may have, like Waze, etc.

If memory serves me on that case the member ended up reinstalling the app, setting the fake location, then turning off the fake location and finally uninstalling the app after clearing the cache and data for it. Again if memory serves me, they had an issue and immediately uninstalled the app without disabling it or turning it off or whatever and thought everything would just go back to normal with the app removed. Turned out that whatever it changed didn't just turn off or disappear when the app was removed. So that would be one more thing to consider.

Maseru

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Thank you guys for your suggestions, actually i tried reinstalling fake gps app and clear cash, data then deleted it, However the issue was not solved. is there any other solutions by the way my gps location is correct when i use google maps or any other apps but still roadrunner showing me the same error message

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If only this one app is giving you this error message, and the message is that it detects a fake GPS app, then I would refer to the link I included describing how to remove the app remnants. That app left a folder or something on your device that this app can detect and assumes, I'm assuming, that the app I still present.

Uninstalling apps removes the app and makes the installation area writable but it rarely removes the folders, or at least not all of them, from the device. This not only can make your device seem full when trying to save other data but these folders can contain items from the uninstalled app. These folders could include anything so it's usually worth it to track them down and get rid of them.