I have a Galaxy J7 Crown that is about one year old. Yesterday I got a notification to update my phone software, so I accepted and let it download. I got a notification that it was installed once it was done.

Then a few hours later, I got the same "Update software" notification, so I went through it again. I got the prompt four more times after that, with several hours between prompts. I update each time, and get an installation confirmation afterwards.

I don't know why this is happening, as I've never had this problem before. Anyone got any answers?
    08-19-2020 08:18 PM
    Has it updated at all since you bought it? It's possible it's installing the monthly patches that never installed for some reason. Those are not cumulative which means each one needs to install before the next.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-19-2020 08:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's too late to check, but it would've been useful to see if the Build Number changed after each installation. What is the Android Security Patch up to in terms of month/year?
    08-19-2020 09:56 PM