Who's pressing the volume up button.?

PrimePolok

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
For the last few days I am facing a very annoying problem.! Whenever I plugin my USB charger on my Android device the volume keeps going up all the way as if someone's pressing the volume up button down continuously without a break.! And the other thing is my USB connectors that I use to charge my device doesn't last a month,they never did.! Are the issues mentioned above related somehow.? If so then how do I fix them.?

✌TIA✌

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When you say the USB connectors don't last a month, are you talking about the USB plug that goes into the phone's USB port?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What device do you have?

What type of USB does it use? USB-C, Micro USB, something else???

Have you checked the connection to see if it is clean and clear of debris?

Has the device taken a fall, gotten wet or have damage of any kind?

Do the VOL buttons respond to touch when not on a charger?

I could see where some of the things you describe could be connected but we'll need more information before trying to get that far into it.

PrimePolok

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I am using USB micro,I tried cleaning the connections after noticing the problem,volume buttons do respond when USB connector is not plugged and no,I don't remember dropping the device,not even once. Thanx for replying.!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean when you say the USB connectors don't last a month? Do they become loose? Does the connection become intermittent? Do you often bend the cable close to the plug in your normal usage?

PrimePolok

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Sorry I had to go offline yesterday,it was way past my bedtime here.!

And maybe I need to correct myself a little, one month is too much, they (USB connectors) don't even last 10 days.! Yes,they get loose and even if I manage to make the connection it doesn't charge the phone and shuts down while the phone is still charging.! Since I am tired of buying these,I do take care while charging and make sure nothing gets bent or in a position they shouldn't be in.!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's probably something wrong with your USB port, then. Maybe the part that's supposed to help secure the plug in place has eroded, making the connection much looser. You may just have to bring the phone to a repair shop (or, if it's still under warranty, contact the manufacturer).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty