hi I downloaded an .mp3 and it doesn't show in my sound list? I have a Samsung A20e. thanx
    08-23-2020 06:02 AM
    How did you download it, with chrome, with another app, from a pc?

When you say it won't show in your "sound list" do you mean it won't show when you try to set it as a ringtone, it won't show when you search for it with a media player, when you use your file manager and look in a folder? Have you tried locating it with a file manager? On Samsung phones the default app is called "File".

Just a couple of hints because I really don't have enough to try and guess every possibility;

If you used Chrome to download it be sure Chrome has Storage permissions or it will end up in a folder that you cannot access directly.

Try using the file manager app called File on your device to locate it by name. If you are trying to or expecting to use it as a ringtone or notification sound File will help you move it to the internal folder either named Ringtone or Notification based on how you intend to use it.

Post any other important information that may help us help you and welcome to Android Central.
    trix1972 likes this.
    08-23-2020 06:35 AM
    I downloaded it via a Google search on my phone. it's an .mp3 format. it's sat in my download folder in audio download. it won't let me ampwgt or move it to another place.
    08-23-2020 06:21 PM
    First thing to check is the permissions of Google Search. If it does not have access to "storage" then the file was placed into a hidden folder you cannot get access to.

When you try to move it, what is the exact wording of the error message?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-23-2020 06:48 PM
    I downloaded it via a Google search on my phone. it's an .mp3 format. it's sat in my download folder in audio download. it won't let me ampwgt or move it to another place.
    If you can see it have you tried to play it from where it is? Not to play devil's advocate but are you even sure it's an MP3? I mean you got it from a random search online.

How are you trying to move it and where are you trying to move it to? Are you using the File app?

Is there an error message when you try to play it or move it? What does that error say? Anything about unknown file type or no app available? I know it looks like it says MP3 but looks can be deceiving.

Have you tried getting the file form a legit source? Google Play Music, Zedge or any app from the Play Store?
    08-23-2020 08:28 PM
    I think ManiacJoe is on the right track. If you used the Google search app (and not Chrome) to download a file, you have to make sure the Google app's Storage permission is turned on (it defaults to off for some odd reason). If Storage permission is off, files go to a protected system directory called /document that can only be accessed by the Google app. If Storage permission is on, then files go to the standard /Download directory that the user can easily access.

Go to Settings>Apps, select the Google app, tap Permissions, then turn on Storage permission. Then go and download that mp3 again, and then see if you can move that file to the /Ringtones directory.
    08-23-2020 10:34 PM