Rebooted A70 into Safe Mode and all of my desktop icons are gone

borings

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
So I had 4 pages of icons and Google sarch was a certain way... and its all reset as if its still in safe mode.

Only icon on screen is Play Store. I use Nova Launcher.

So I found out I just open Nova Launcher but it doesnt start itself like it was before.

How to auto-start a launcher at boot?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you use Nova Launcher, that won't work in Safe Mode, so you're looking at your One UI setup instead. Did you backup your Nova layout? If so, you can easily restore it.

borings

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
I didn't back it up.

Does android delete the desktop configuration when you go into safe mode?!!!!

Also, Nova Launcher now closes when I "Close All". It didn't used to.

Like Nova Launcher used to just be transparently installed as if it was the primary desktop mgr for the phone.

Last edited:

borings

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
Agreed. Changing the home app back to Nova should be enough to get the screen setup as it is. In some cases widgets could be removed, only that.

REPLY:
Ah! Changing the home app... let me see...

Can I set NL as default Home App then?

I'm looking in Nova Settings and theres a lot of settings. Is this the right spot?

NEW INFO:
I notice when I press the Close All OR the "Show desktop" square button, Nova Launcher disappears and it goes back to the empty Samsung default or whatever

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
REPLY:
Ah! Changing the home app... let me see...

Can I set NL as default Home App then?

I'm looking in Nova Settings and theres a lot of settings. Is this the right spot?

NEW INFO:
I notice when I press the Close All OR the "Show desktop" square button, Nova Launcher disappears and it goes back to the empty Samsung default or whatever
You need to do it from the phone general settings to be sure. @mustang7757 is our Samsung expert and could show you the right steps.

In Nova settings is at the end of the main screen, see if it works only from there.

Screenshot_20200828-163013.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance