Android /HotSpot

William Hale3

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
#1: If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one around to hear it ; does it make a noise ? #2 can an android phone w/ Hot Spot subscription give FREE wifi to itself ? 🤯

William Hale3

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
. . that was quick . . it's SUN AM ; no church'n , might as well hang out at AC . Thanks I didn't know, I get the gist of it . So, here's another take . . *Q::cool:. . if I have 2 phones , one w/hotspot . . can I run the other off the FREE wifi / unlimited data ?. . also , is WiFi 4G, faster than 4G , WHAT is it ?? 🤯

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
can I run the other off the FREE wifi / unlimited data
If you have a phone with unlimited data and hotspot enabled you could certainly use that to serve WiFi to the other phone.

WiFi 4G, faster than 4G
4G is 4G, just because it's made available from one device to another over WiFi does not make it faster.

that was quick . . it's SUN AM ; no church'n , might as well hang out at AC
I won't get into the church comment, but I've already been out for a walk and have most of my laundry done (last load in the washer). I've been up for almost 6 hours already...

William Hale3

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Thanks again . . that helps . . the gist of this ramble is that I'm trying to save $ , I really can't afford unlimited high speed data, I'm trying to get "cute"! . . your answer says unlimited data+hotspot = wifi / unlimited data . Does that hold true if I have a 15GB data plan ? If wifi / high speed /unlimited data is only possible through an equally unlimited hotspot then I should get a second job , a better phone , and a better $$plan 📲 . . I should open up a laundromat . All the best 🐺

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Some plans have a cap on hotspot data, even if you have unlimited data. You would need to review your plan. If you have a 15 GB plan, you can use 15 GB of data, either on the phone directly or through hotspot (up to the hotspot max if there is one).

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I have unlimited data with att but it does not come with hotspot. you need to make sure your plan has hotspot available to it and not just assume unlmited data means hotspot is available. check your plan to see exactly what features you have available.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think most plans have a monthly limit to hotspot usage. They generally don't want people completely relying on their wireless plan to deliver internet to their entire house, because that would contribute to network overload.

William Hale3

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Well . . B. Diddy just stifled my "cuteness" . . to think I could "circumvent" the $ystem . . guess I'll have to "pony - up" $$like the masses . . PS . . this ad popped up during the conversation . / Trump not so hot , but a lighter w /o butane is pretty cool . You could hook it up to a solar cell and never have to leave the house 🕯️. . 🐺

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200830-105652.jpg
    Screenshot_20200830-105652.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante