Some apps uninstalled themselves after restart. Help

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
After I restarted my phone, some apps were uninstalled. They became a generic android icon with the app name and when I click on it, it just says "Application is not installed".

All my apps are on internal storage. I tried removing the sd card then putting it back again. It worked at first and the apps appeared but when I tried to restart my phone a few days later, the apps uninstalled themselves again and didn't reappear even after I tried removing and putting back the sd card.

My phone is not rooted so it's concerning. Any ideas?

I have lg k10 lte. Android version 6.0.

I tried signing in. Thnks for the suggestion mustang7757..

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged.

Are you certain the apps are on Internal Storage? If you go to Settings>Apps and select one of those apps, is there a Move to Phone option?

Were all of these apps installed from the Play Store, or from somewhere else?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After I restarted my phone, some apps were uninstalled. They became a generic android icon with the app name and when I click on it, it just says "Application is not installed".

All my apps are on internal storage. I tried removing the sd card then putting it back again. It worked at first and the apps appeared but when I tried to restart my phone a few days later, the apps uninstalled themselves again and didn't reappear even after I tried removing and putting back the sd card.

My phone is not rooted so it's concerning. Any ideas?

I have lg k10 lte. Android version 6.0.

I tried signing in. Thnks for the suggestion mustang7757..
Hi, welcome to AC!

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged.

Are you certain the apps are on Internal Storage? If you go to Settings>Apps and select one of those apps, is there a Move to Phone option?

Were all of these apps installed from the Play Store, or from somewhere else?

I just restarted my phone and still no changes. I decided to reinstall some of it. It's weird because the apps in question were not on the play store library. So I had to search for them again.

All my apps are from play store..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just restarted my phone and still no changes. I decided to reinstall some of it. It's weird because the apps in question were not on the play store library. So I had to search for them again.

All my apps are from play store..
Maybe the android version your on 6.0 becoming outdated for those apps

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Can you try using the phone without the SD card for a little bit and see if the problem still happens?

This is quite a risk because every time I restart, some of the apps get uninstalled. But I tried it and thankfully the apps were okay. The apps in question were still uninstalled but I got google slides back. Weird but I'm thankful for that.

JKesha

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Maybe the android version your on 6.0 becoming outdated for those apps

Which reminds me I haven't updated my software. It takes a while so I kept putting it off. It's updated now though the android version is still the same. I wonder why. I read somewhere that if you're running version 6.0 of Android or earlier you're vulnerable to malware. It seems they're no longer receiving vital security updates from google.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which reminds me I haven't updated my software. It takes a while so I kept putting it off. It's updated now though the android version is still the same. I wonder why. I read somewhere that if you're running version 6.0 of Android or earlier you're vulnerable to malware. It seems they're no longer receiving vital security updates from google.
Yeah andriod 6 is like 5 andriod version behind and stop getting security updates long ago

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513