After I restarted my phone, some apps were uninstalled. They became a generic android icon with the app name and when I click on it, it just says "Application is not installed".

All my apps are on internal storage. I tried removing the sd card then putting it back again. It worked at first and the apps appeared but when I tried to restart my phone a few days later, the apps uninstalled themselves again and didn't reappear even after I tried removing and putting back the sd card.

My phone is not rooted so it's concerning. Any ideas?
    08-31-2020 12:28 PM
    Which phone ?
    What android version is it on ?
    Some of the low end Chinese phones can cause this.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-31-2020 12:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this a Tecno or Infinix phone?
    08-31-2020 12:58 PM
    After I restarted my phone, some apps were uninstalled. They became a generic android icon with the app name and when I click on it, it just says "Application is not installed".

All my apps are on internal storage. I tried removing the sd card then putting it back again. It worked at first and the apps appeared but when I tried to restart my phone a few days later, the apps uninstalled themselves again and didn't reappear even after I tried removing and putting back the sd card.

I have lg k10 lte. Android version 6.0.

I tried signing in. Thnks for the suggestion mustang7757..
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-31-2020 01:01 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.

Are you certain the apps are on Internal Storage? If you go to Settings>Apps and select one of those apps, is there a Move to Phone option?

Were all of these apps installed from the Play Store, or from somewhere else?
    08-31-2020 01:05 PM
    Thank you for the response. Yes, they're all from play store. All my apps are on internal storage.
    08-31-2020 01:11 PM

I have lg k10 lte. Android version 6.0.

I tried signing in. Thnks for the suggestion mustang7757..
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    08-31-2020 01:13 PM
    Can you try using the phone without the SD card for a little bit and see if the problem still happens?
    08-31-2020 01:22 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.

Are you certain the apps are on Internal Storage? If you go to Settings>Apps and select one of those apps, is there a Move to Phone option?

Were all of these apps installed from the Play Store, or from somewhere else?
    I just restarted my phone and still no changes. I decided to reinstall some of it. It's weird because the apps in question were not on the play store library. So I had to search for them again.

All my apps are from play store..
    08-31-2020 01:24 PM
    I just restarted my phone and still no changes. I decided to reinstall some of it. It's weird because the apps in question were not on the play store library. So I had to search for them again.

All my apps are from play store..
    Maybe the android version your on 6.0 becoming outdated for those apps
    08-31-2020 01:34 PM
    Can you try using the phone without the SD card for a little bit and see if the problem still happens?
    This is quite a risk because every time I restart, some of the apps get uninstalled. But I tried it and thankfully the apps were okay. The apps in question were still uninstalled but I got google slides back. Weird but I'm thankful for that.
    08-31-2020 02:14 PM
    Maybe the android version your on 6.0 becoming outdated for those apps
    Which reminds me I haven't updated my software. It takes a while so I kept putting it off. It's updated now though the android version is still the same. I wonder why. I read somewhere that if you're running version 6.0 of Android or earlier you're vulnerable to malware. It seems they're no longer receiving vital security updates from google.
    08-31-2020 04:55 PM
    Which reminds me I haven't updated my software. It takes a while so I kept putting it off. It's updated now though the android version is still the same. I wonder why. I read somewhere that if you're running version 6.0 of Android or earlier you're vulnerable to malware. It seems they're no longer receiving vital security updates from google.
    Yeah andriod 6 is like 5 andriod version behind and stop getting security updates long ago
    08-31-2020 05:13 PM