someone convinced my BF that it is easy to "hack" android phones. Now everytime he sees the slightest change, difference between website and app or just something he doesn't understand he accuses me of "messing with his phone". (Because I'm in the room with him)
    09-01-2020 08:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't think there's much you can do from that standpoint, besides pointing him to our forums. We've answered countless questions about this.

I know this is none of my business, but it sure seems to be a red flag telling you that he's not really the right person for you ...

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2020 08:42 PM
    I'm not sure it's possible to prove one isn't hacking another, he shouldn't be accusing you without proof it's happening, sounds like a major trust issue.

Android is very secure and near impossible to hack unless you have an outdated phone without security updates, even than it isn't something a normal person would have a clue how to do and there certainly aren't readily available tutorials to teach people.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-01-2020 08:59 PM
    Q: How do you prove a negative?

A: You can't.

That's essentially the question you asked, and the only logical answer. As already mentioned, hacking Android isn't easy, and also not so easily discovered when it does happen. This article may help put his fears at ease.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...ty-scares.html
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-01-2020 09:27 PM