how do applications like instagram or whatsapp recognise your phone as a trusted device?

ALI Rajaee Khah

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
recently my phone's motherboard died and I had to replace it so I want to know if changing motherboard makes your phone a new device and the applications can't recognise it?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to Android Central Forums.

Replacing the motherboard means setting your device up from scratch unless you have a back up of your data and settings.

Please consider creating an account so we can communicate further and better assist you. As a guest you are not able to reply any threads.

I have provided the link below so that you can register.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not the motherboard that apps care about -- it's the account. If you log in with your account, the apps will recognize you.

ALI Rajaee Khah

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
yes that's ok but I mean some apps like instagram recognize your phone, for example they don't want two-step verification code when you enter your password and I really need this because of some security issues I can't log in to my account in any other devices. I need to know if these apps know your phone by your MAC address or I don't know your IMEI or... and if so does changing motherboard cause problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante