Important Info
    Phone: Galaxy S8 (Refurbished)
    Condition: Decent (Crack on the back of the phone and scuffed up edges
    Coverage: Mint (MVNO of Tmobile) 12G plan

Problem: I have had an off and on again problem with google maps. I put in an address, and it will show me where I am, and generally what direction my car is in, but when I move, it doesn't keep track of my movements. I have navigation enabled. If I end my navigation mode and reenter it again, it updates my location, however I encounter the same issue. I've tried a factory reset, and , although it helped fix an error with the gyroscopic system I was having at the time, google maps still won't update my location. I rely on maps to get around alot of the time, so this is a really important fix for me. It doesn't seem to me to be an issue with data. I can stream yt and spotify in the car no problem. It only is an issue when I use maps. Any help would be appreciated!
    09-02-2020 12:03 PM
    I had somewhat the same issue yesterday with my s10. I haven't needed the navigation much so I haven't tracked this. Android auto faithfully tracks me so dunno. AA doesn't always come like it should but a different issue altogether.
    09-02-2020 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, try clearing the app cache/data for the Maps app in Settings>Apps. If that doesn't help, then see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...sung-galaxy-s8.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-02-2020 12:24 PM
    Have you checked that location is turned on whilst in the app? It would be under settings, app, maps, permissions.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-02-2020 12:32 PM