I want to set my SD card as default storage in my vivo phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to set my SD card as my default storage in my Vivo Y71 phone.its running android 8.1.I would really appreciate if someone could resolve my problem.
Thank you.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Your phone works best when the default storage is the internal storage.
Transfer your photos, videos, music, documents to the SD card.

Some apps that use lots of storage (camera, games, GPS, maps) allow you to move their data to the SD card while leaving the app properly installed on the internal storage. Take a look at the settings of each app and see what options are available.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about formatting the card as Internal Storage, or using it as Portable Storage, but making it so that any saved data by apps goes to the SD? I agree with mustang7757 about not formatting it as Internal Storage due to the inherent unreliability of SD cards. If you mean the latter, then go to Settings>Storage and see if there's an option there to make the SD card the default storage for data. Not all phones have this option -- if you don't see it, then you may just have to look in the settings of each app you use and see if they have an option to choose the default storage location.