Best Samsung Upgrade from A51 in Canada??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello Everyone.
So right now I have the Samsung A51 and it seems I have to clean the 4GB Memory every few mins I'm not talking about the storage I'm talking about the Memory that only has 4GB in Canada.

I want to upgrade to something that has 8GB Min, Better Processor, Good Camera's and maybe better battery life as well but I also don't want a $100.00 phone bill a month right now I'm paying $60.00 a month.

I can maybe pay $80.00 a month for a cell phone with my cell phone service what would be the best upgrade?

It always seems that Find My Mobile, Sound Alive and a few other things are always running no matter what I do.

Maybe someone can help me get rid of those things and it would help??

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Is the phone noticeably slow? The old "Windows" way of thinking that you need free memory in order to have good performance doesn't apply here. Android TRIES to fill memory with apps you're using or that it thinks you want to use, to help keep it working fast. So, just because your RAM is "full" does not mean you need more. This is why we often suggest to people that they don't need memory cleaners, and that they actually cause lower battery life and WORSE performance.

Esma Graham

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
@hallux Yes its like i have to go into Device Care and run that memory cleaner for instance it will say 1.78 GB being used then when I open it up maybe 10-20 mins later it will say 2.41 GB being used and that i have to clean that for apps to run better and faster.
@Mustang Yes but it won't tell me things like better GB, Better Processor, Good Camera's and maybe better battery life

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@hallux Yes its like i have to go into Device Care and run that memory cleaner for instance it will say 1.78 GB being used then when I open it up maybe 10-20 mins later it will say 2.41 GB being used and that i have to clean that for apps to run better and faster.
@Mustang Yes but it won't tell me things like better GB, Better Processor, Good Camera's and maybe better battery life
Hi, must of not been logged in when making the question.

What about a current flagship samsung , like s10,s20 maybe note series?

Esma Graham

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
Samsung Website $979.99 and the A51 Phone is $479.99 a $500.00 difference - Bell's Mobility's website won't load up for me right now so I wouldn't be able to tell how much it would be extra plus I would probably have to call Wireless Wave in the morning to see for sure

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Website $979.99 and the A51 Phone is $479.99 a $500.00 difference - Bell's Mobility's website won't load up for me right now so I wouldn't be able to tell how much it would be extra plus I would probably have to call Wireless Wave in the morning to see for sure
I hear good things with the a70 , price should be good

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No Fingerprint Scanner or Face Recongation with those thats why im trying to stay with Samsung, LG Velvet is even $5.00 extra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMwgPaCS4ZY

Have you made a purchasing decision yet, OP? My husband just got the LG Velvet today and is liking it so far! He got it at a back to school deal with Rogers - you should see which promos are available from your carrier! Rogers and Virgin had good ones. Back to school sales are great for buying new phones and tech!

Which Samsung phones are you leaning towards? The S10e would be a good bargain now, as well.

Esma Graham

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
Have you made a purchasing decision yet, OP? My husband just got the LG Velvet today and is liking it so far! He got it at a back to school deal with Rogers - you should see which promos are available from your carrier! Rogers and Virgin had good ones. Back to school sales are great for buying new phones and tech!

Which Samsung phones are you leaning towards? The S10e would be a good bargain now, as well.

Right now i have the A51 it feels like the 4 GB Memory is always around at 2.6 GB/4 GB

I'm not sure the LG Velvet and the A71 are $5.00 more then I would be paying right now

The Samsung S10 would be $20.00 more which my bill be around $80 - 90.00 a month and then for only $10.00 more I could get the S20 then my bill would be $100+ a month with an S20

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke