Hi,

When i delete contacts from my android phone, i delete them. Yet, i found an app that can recover them after they have been deleted (even when i have deleted them from my contacts bin). Where is this app finding them and how can i make sure it doesnt? Im asking because i need these nummers deleted out of self-protevtion. Long story
    Thanks!
    09-13-2020 02:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Were these contacts saved to the phone's local Phone/Device account, your Google account, or some other account?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-13-2020 03:15 PM
    If they're stored on the phone, they're marked as deleted, so the phone a) doesn't display than and b) can use that storage space for the next contact you add. But they're still there, and someone who knows SQL, and is running a SQL editor on the phone, can mark them as active again. That's all the app is doing.

If they're synced to your Google account, you have to delete them at Google Contacts as well as on the phone, or the phone will resync and bring them back. (If the phone is working properly, when you delete a contact in the phone, the sync firmware will delete it at Google, but delete a contact on the phone, then go to Google Contacts to make sure. [You can just add a dummy contact, make sure it's synced to Google, then delete it and make sure it's deleted at Google. If it isn't, you'll have to manually delete all your "deleted" contacts manually.])
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-13-2020 03:21 PM