So I bought a Note 9 listing off swappa. This listing: https://swappa.com/listing/view/LUJK37602

SM-N960U he said unlocked bought it through T Mobile. I just opened and turned it on and to my surprise it has the ATT firmware. I am very livid because when someone says "bought through T-Mobile" what I think is that this is a TMobile phone.

WHile I wait for him to get back to me, what are the consequences of running an AT&T unlocked phone on TMobile network. I am actually on MetroPCS. But its operated by TMobile. Will I still be able to use the phone like a TMobile phone? What features will I miss. VoLTE? roaming on US Cellular?
    09-14-2020 09:09 PM
    When you put your Sim , it doesn't load metro or T-Mobile splash screen?
    09-14-2020 09:17 PM
    When you put your Sim , it doesn't load metro or T-Mobile splash screen?
    No it doesn't. I was able to use ODIN in conjuction with N960USQU4ETF3_N960UOYN4ETF3_TMB which I got from Sammobile but the phone still has AT&T software instead of defaulting to TMobile. Why is this? It still acts like an AT&T phone despite me flashing over the OS

Hell it even made me restart my phone after it detected the new sim but still stuck with ATT
    09-15-2020 01:57 AM
    No it doesn't. I was able to use ODIN in conjuction with N960USQU4ETF3_N960UOYN4ETF3_TMB which I got from Sammobile but the phone still has AT&T software instead of defaulting to TMobile. Why is this? It still acts like an AT&T phone despite me flashing over the OS

Hell it even made me restart my phone after it detected the new sim but still stuck with ATT
    Yeah it will say provisioning when insert new sim , and restart .

You definitely have a T-Mobile SIM ?

Does the phone work with T-Mobile SIM in it ?

Can you post a screen shot of the software page,, go to settings >about phone>software information
    09-15-2020 09:08 AM
    Since it has 4G bands 2, 4, 5 and 66, there should be no problem. (That's the only consideration, unless you're concerned about the apps you normally get with a TMobile phone [which you can install]. The firmware - the ROM you flashed - isn't the apps. TMobile apps are here.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2020 04:00 PM
    Since it has 4G bands 2, 4, 5 and 66, there should be no problem. (That's the only consideration, unless you're concerned about the apps you normally get with a TMobile phone [which you can install]. The firmware - the ROM you flashed - isn't the apps. TMobile apps are here.)
    Wow thanks so that has a bunch of TMobile Apps. How about wifi calling? How can it not use the AT&T wifi calling stuff.
    09-16-2020 10:29 PM
    Yeah it will say provisioning when insert new sim , and restart .

You definitely have a T-Mobile SIM ?

Does the phone work with T-Mobile SIM in it ?

Can you post a screen shot of the software page,, go to settings >about phone>software information
    I do not have a T Mobile sim. What I did was flash a U1 FW on it then flash a U TMB firmware on it. Then I inserted my roommates Sim in it which made it switch to TMobile phone with the TMo splash screen

Now I am wondering if I should stay on TMB or go back to U1. And if I'd get OTA updates on U1
    09-16-2020 10:30 PM
    I do not have a T Mobile sim. What I did was flash a U1 FW on it then flash a U TMB firmware on it. Then I inserted my roommates Sim in it which made it switch to TMobile phone with the TMo splash screen

Now I am wondering if I should stay on TMB or go back to U1. And if I'd get OTA updates on U1
    Ok good , so we know it's network unlocked.

You can switch to the U1 unlocked firmware if you like , if you need help I can guide you for that .
    09-16-2020 10:33 PM
    Ok good , so we know it's network unlocked.

You can switch to the U1 unlocked firmware if you like , if you need help I can guide you for that .
    All I have to do is flash the U1 FW I have with Patched ODIN and i'll be back to U1. Is this the preferred OS? Do you get all the Samsung Updates and Android upates and security updates (all the normal) updates you'd get being on carrier versions?

And can I use wifi calling on U1 for metroPCS/Tmo?
    09-17-2020 12:11 AM
    All I have to do is flash the U1 FW I have with Patched ODIN and i'll be back to U1. Is this the preferred OS? Do you get all the Samsung Updates and Android upates and security updates (all the normal) updates you'd get being on carrier versions?

And can I use wifi calling on U1 for metroPCS/Tmo?
    Yes I prefer it over carrier firmware.
    I'm on unlocked Note 20 ultra with T-Mobile and WiFi calling works , and yes you'll get regular updates /security patches ..patch odin is prince comsey ...
    Make sure back up the device it will factory reset .
    09-17-2020 12:16 AM
    Yes I prefer it over carrier firmware.
    I'm on unlocked Note 20 ultra with T-Mobile and WiFi calling works , and yes you'll get regular updates /security patches ..patch odin is prince comsey ...
    Make sure back up the device it will factory reset .
    prince comsey? What does that mean?

And so you are on an Unlocked Note 20 Ultra ROM? Carrier is TMo and your WIFI calling works? I had the WIFI calling issue when the phone thought it was still an AT&T phone.

Why do you prefer the Unlocked ROM over carrier?
    09-17-2020 02:13 AM
    prince comsey? What does that mean?

And so you are on an Unlocked Note 20 Ultra ROM? Carrier is TMo and your WIFI calling works? I had the WIFI calling issue when the phone thought it was still an AT&T phone.

Why do you prefer the Unlocked ROM over carrier?
    Prince comsey is a Odin version to flash between carrier and unlock firmware without it you can't .

Yes I have the unlocked Note 20 ultra version on T-Mobile. And WiFi calling works .
    09-17-2020 10:28 AM
    Prince comsey is a Odin version to flash between carrier and unlock firmware without it you can't .

Yes I have the unlocked Note 20 ultra version on T-Mobile. And WiFi calling works .
    Ok. Why do you prefer the Unlocked ROM over the T-Mobile one?
    09-17-2020 04:31 PM
    Ok. Why do you prefer the Unlocked ROM over the T-Mobile one?
    Free from T-Mobile splash screen and any carrier apps
    09-17-2020 05:21 PM
    Free from T-Mobile splash screen and any carrier apps
    Lol whats wrong with T-Mobile apps?
    09-17-2020 07:37 PM
    Lol whats wrong with T-Mobile apps?
    Nothing , I personally like a clean carrier free software, like I mentioned I don't want see it's splash screen or apps , I'll choose what I want on it . This goes for any phone as I own google pixels ,one plus and iphones.
    09-17-2020 09:10 PM