I have a Galaxy Note9 and images downloaded from the Firefox(v80.1.3) app have no date information. This causes them to not show in the gallery app, not until i restart my phone or rename the image in my local storage/downloads folder.

It seems to only affect Firefox as I have tested it on chrome and the Samsung browser and they all work fine. I've even tested different images and sites, all to the same effect. This all appeared after Firefox recently did an update on the app, which is why I suspect its a Firefox issue.

Is there anyway to resolve this issue.

I'm posting this here as to cover bases just in case.
    09-16-2020 08:37 PM
    Have you checked maybe needs a update?

All permission on ?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-16-2020 08:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What directory do the photos download to?

Go to Settings>Apps‚Äč, select Firefox, then Permissions. Is Storage permission on?
    09-16-2020 08:44 PM
    Yes, the permission for storage are on for Firefox, and they are going to the internalstorage>Download folder just the same as chrome and the Samsung browser. Updates have been applied to both Phone and application. It was after firefox updated that the images downloaded don't have a date information and don't show up in the gallery app. However they still show up in the downloads folder in the internal storage.
    09-16-2020 09:06 PM
    Yes, the permission for storage are on for Firefox, and they are going to the internalstorage>Download folder just the same as chrome and the Samsung browser. Updates have been applied to both Phone and application. It was after firefox updated that the images downloaded don't have a date information and don't show up in the gallery app. However they still show up in the downloads folder in the internal storage.
    Hi welcome!
    Can you uninstall the update to firefox?
    09-16-2020 09:51 PM
    Not without going to a previous version which is no longer on the play store. I already uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it but still didn't work.
    09-16-2020 10:50 PM
    Not without going to a previous version which is no longer on the play store. I already uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it but still didn't work.
    Uninstall firefox , look up up a previous version maybe at APK Mirror see if that works just write down the current version before uninstall see if another lower version is available.
    09-16-2020 10:54 PM
    What file format are the images? What's the file extension?
    09-16-2020 10:59 PM