Dear all.

I am an entomologist, so if you answer this, please limit the technical terms!!!

I want to have a smartphone wire camera connected to an Android phone but I want to charge the phone at the same time. The problem is that there is only one micro usb port available. Can I build a "hub" that slots into the phones female micro usb that leads to two female micro usb ports? One for charging and one for the smartphone wire camera. If it is possible, how would the pinouts be? I will probably scavenge the parts from old phones.

Regards and thanks!
    09-20-2020 07:33 AM
    There is a new smartphone i saw on Unbox Therapy that comes with an endoscope. It has its own connector. Probably not what you wanted, but thought I would mention it in case it were an option.

Ulefone Armour 5

I've Never Tried a Smartphone With This Feature... / Unbox Therapy

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can't reply. Thanks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-20-2020 08:15 AM
    @ Kizzy Catwoman.

Thanks for the reply. I have now registered.

Yea, the Ulefone Armour 5 sounds nice, but my budget does not like it!
    09-20-2020 09:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have now? Does it support wireless charging?
    09-20-2020 12:07 PM
    Unfortunately not.
    09-20-2020 12:35 PM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Which phone you have ?
    09-20-2020 01:38 PM
    Are you limited to a camera you currently have? There are plenty of wireless cameras that can connect via local wi-fi -- I just got one that acts as an otoscope (for the ear).
    09-20-2020 07:29 PM
    Dear all.

Thank you for your replies.

The phone I intend to use for my project is a Sony Xperia. It is an old phone that has no other use otherwise. It is for a project where I have an observation hive with a swarm of bees in it. I want to connect the smartphone wire camera and have a constant video stream. I can not use the phone camera as the light (I have tried various options) reflects from the glass separating and protecting me from the bees and makes a nasty shiny blob in the middle of the image. The smartphone wire camera gives a much better picture with no lighting problems. Why must I buy new equipment when I most probably have everything I need at home?

So back to the original question of pinouts for my charger/data connector split. Can it be made?

Regards
    09-20-2020 11:04 PM
    Dear all.

Thank you for your replies.

The phone I intend to use for my project is a Sony Xperia. It is an old phone that has no other use otherwise. It is for a project where I have an observation hive with a swarm of bees in it. I want to connect the smartphone wire camera and have a constant video stream. I can not use the phone camera as the light (I have tried various options) reflects from the glass separating and protecting me from the bees and makes a nasty shiny blob in the middle of the image. The smartphone wire camera gives a much better picture with no lighting problems. Why must I buy new equipment when I most probably have everything I need at home?

So back to the original question of pinouts for my charger/data connector split. Can it be made?

Regards
    You'll have to make something like this , look at the illustration.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD73SCH...cUvbUpU6862617
    09-20-2020 11:19 PM
    Yes, that looks very much like what I have in mind. Where can I find a diagram of the pinouts?
    09-20-2020 11:29 PM
    Why must I buy new equipment when I most probably have everything I need at home?
    Just thought I'd suggest other options. Good luck!
    09-20-2020 11:36 PM
    Yes, that looks very much like what I have in mind. Where can I find a diagram of the pinouts?
    That I'm not sure they have a schematic , can try calling company direct but not sure .
    09-20-2020 11:38 PM