Gone to Mobile Klinic where they done a force update and rebuild of android

And it did again last night a few days after they did it

Please Help me with this issue

Last edited:

Esma Graham

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
When does it auto restart? Is there a exact time or is it happening often as your using the phone

Tuesday and Thursdays it seems like it does it.

The phone is no where near me I pick it up and it says "Phone is starting" like it just restarted on its own

Haven't seen it actually do it other then the once it did it on a Tuesday where it restarted on its own no where near me.

I got this phone less then 1 year ago

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it seem like it happens at a specific time, or is it just at a random time of those days?

If feasible, try using your phone in Safe Mode for a few days and see if it still restarts. https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a51/safe-mode/. You won't be able to use any of your 3rd party apps that you installed, but this is the best way to start narrowing down the problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tuesday and Thursdays it seems like it does it.

The phone is no where near me I pick it up and it says "Phone is starting" like it just restarted on its own

Haven't seen it actually do it other then the once it did it on a Tuesday where it restarted on its own no where near me.

I got this phone less then 1 year ago
Do you use Bixby routines?

Esma Graham

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
Does it seem like it happens at a specific time, or is it just at a random time of those days?

If feasible, try using your phone in Safe Mode for a few days and see if it still restarts. https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a51/safe-mode/. You won't be able to use any of your 3rd party apps that you installed, but this is the best way to start narrowing down the problem.

The issue with Safe mode is i can't re-create the issue it just happens on its own

Using it for a few days in that mode I will be unable to talk to my boyfriend who's in a different city then I am right now on WhatsApp I kinda need access to the phone.

It just happens at a random time those days and ever single app that I have is from Play Store or Galaxy Store for the galaxy apps like such as Samsung Cloud

Do you use Bixby routines?

No but it's still using storage on my phone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The issue with Safe mode is i can't re-create the issue it just happens on its own

Using it for a few days in that mode I will be unable to talk to my boyfriend who's in a different city then I am right now on WhatsApp I kinda need access to the phone.

It just happens at a random time those days and ever single app that I have is from Play Store or Galaxy Store for the galaxy apps like such as Samsung Cloud

No but it's still using storage on my phone
I use this app to disable all those things

https://www.packagedisabler.com/

Esma Graham

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
That app is to disable those bixby from running in background. But yeah let's see what happens, it did it only once ?

No 4 times in total including yesterday

The 8th, 15th, 17th and the 21st that I've seen it do it

Also my phone does weird things like sometimes going into messaging to send a text to someone it will say "Welcome to messaging" like it did a reset or something even though i used it less then 10mins ago.

Screen will flicker so I might take it to Bell MTS tomorrow to see if they can figure out what's going on or give me a new device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oops, sorry about that!

What's the battery level at when this happens? Do you notice the phone getting pretty hot when it happens?

Last edited:

Esma Graham

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
Oop, sorry about that!

What's the battery level at when this happens? Do you notice the phone getting pretty hot when it happens?

Not even using the phone when it happens

Phone has been no where near me when it happens

Has been about 80% at least 2 times and other times about 40%

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No 4 times in total including yesterday

The 8th, 15th, 17th and the 21st that I've seen it do it

Also my phone does weird things like sometimes going into messaging to send a text to someone it will say "Welcome to messaging" like it did a reset or something even though i used it less then 10mins ago.

Screen will flicker so I might take it to Bell MTS tomorrow to see if they can figure out what's going on or give me a new device.
Yeah get it checked out , maybe you have warranty still ? Screen flickering something going on , was phone dropped hard at all?