I have forgotten my PIN

Snargola

Sep 26, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I thought I was being wise by changing my PIN. Then, of course, I forgot what I changed it to.

All is not lost as I was smart enough to set up a fingerprint scan, so I am still able to get into my phone.

My question is, other than a factory reset, is it possible to recover my PIN? I would think a fingerprint would be enough to tell the phone, 'Hey, it's me!', but, I guess not.

I am on a Verizon Galaxy S20, using Android 10. If you need further information, please, let me know.

Please note, I am not asking how to bypass the PIN. I am able to get into the device with my fingerprint. I am asking if it is possible to reset the PIN without a factory reset.

Thank you for your time.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you restart your phone it will ask you for a pin. Also if you have face unlock set up it will ask you your pin after several hours. Your best bet is to login to Samsung's find my mobile and unlock and reset your pin from there.

Snargola

Sep 26, 2020
Visit site
Samsung device not registered

I recently posted a question about resetting my PIN. I was directed to the Samsung Find My Device service. Thank you.

I don't understand why this is so difficult for me to work.

I have a Samsung account.

Samsung says my device is registered (IMEI number was put in at the time of purchase).

Find My Device is enabled on the phone.

I go to the Find My Device site and it says I have no registered devices...Aaaaargh!

I hope someone can help me. If you need more information, please, let me know. Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. muztang7757 has been doing his best to help but,no luck :(

The Samsung Find My Device site says my device is not registered.
Go to settings>biometric and security tap >scroll down to find my phone , make sure toggled on then tap the words there to go next screen see if your account there and those toggled on ?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings>biometric and security tap >scroll down to find my phone , make sure toggled on then tap the words there to go next screen see if your account there and those toggled on ?
Just rereading the original question. The OP has a Verizon carrier model S20, so Find My Mobil is not an option or at least it wasn't with the S10+. I doubt anything is different with the S20.