How to re-initialize the sim card?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an external sim tray hooked up to my phone. When I swap the sim card in the external tray with a new one, it will not work/be recognized, unless I reboot the phone, or open and close the phone's sim tray.

Is there a way I could force the sim card to re-initialize without a phone reboot, or opening the sim tray.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem likely has to do with how the external SIM reader interfaces with the phone via the ribbon cable. Maybe you could contact the manufacturer of that external SIM reader to see if they have any ideas. This is definitely not a common situation with smartphone users, so you probably won't get any good answers here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think you have to do it that way if your phone isn't dual SIM compatible don't you? Or is there another way. I have seen this method used.
Lol ..if you need dual sim phone buy one , this not the way to go , I had my Tmobile 1+7P which only had single sim , converted to global version(flashed) which is a dual sim and changed the sim tray for dual sim one works perfect, having a external like this here not sure its great.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Lol ..if you need dual sim phone buy one , this not the way to go , I had my Tmobile 1+7P which only had single sim , converted to global version(flashed) which is a dual sim and changed the sim tray for dual sim one works perfect, having a external like this here not sure its great.

I am not sure that it is "great," but it works with your existing phone or tablet device. It will do the job if you don't want the expense of / or have the need to own a second dual sim phone for travel, etc.

I was just making a guess as to why he was doing it, but I was wrong anyway :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084