I have an external sim tray hooked up to my phone. When I swap the sim card in the external tray with a new one, it will not work/be recognized, unless I reboot the phone, or open and close the phone's sim tray.

Is there a way I could force the sim card to re-initialize without a phone reboot, or opening the sim tray.
    09-27-2020 06:44 AM
    Which device?
    What do you mean external sim card ?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-27-2020 09:42 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How is this external SIM tray connected to the phone -- via OTG cable?
    09-27-2020 12:16 PM
    The phone I am using is the huawei p smart.
    The external sim tray is a sim tray connected to some sim contacts and via a ribon cable. I don't think it has any special chips inside it.
    You can see it on this site.

https://www.wish.com/product/5ae1a43...true&share=web
    09-27-2020 01:31 PM
    The phone I am using is the huawei p smart.
    The external sim tray is a sim tray connected to some sim contacts and via a ribon cable. I don't think it has any special chips inside it.
    You can see it on this site.

https://www.wish.com/product/5ae1a43...true&share=web
    Hi, welcome to AC!

Whats the purpose of this ?
    09-27-2020 08:51 PM
    The problem likely has to do with how the external SIM reader interfaces with the phone via the ribbon cable. Maybe you could contact the manufacturer of that external SIM reader to see if they have any ideas. This is definitely not a common situation with smartphone users, so you probably won't get any good answers here.
    09-27-2020 10:09 PM
    Hi, welcome to AC!

Whats the purpose of this ?
    Dual SIM I am guessing? Definitely kind of a specialized use case whatever the purpose is.
    09-28-2020 12:50 AM
    Dual SIM I am guessing? Definitely kind of a specialized use case whatever the purpose is.
    Never seen it done this way , creative but not sure well executed.
    09-28-2020 12:54 AM
    Never seen it done this way , creative but not sure well executed.
    I think you have to do it that way if your phone isn't dual SIM compatible don't you? Or is there another way. I have seen this method used.
    09-28-2020 01:10 AM
    I think you have to do it that way if your phone isn't dual SIM compatible don't you? Or is there another way. I have seen this method used.
    Lol ..if you need dual sim phone buy one , this not the way to go , I had my Tmobile 1+7P which only had single sim , converted to global version(flashed) which is a dual sim and changed the sim tray for dual sim one works perfect, having a external like this here not sure its great.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2020 01:43 AM
    My use case is quite unusual. Basically I wanted to hack together setup for quickly swapping between alot of different sim cards. Im not after dual sim functionality.
    09-28-2020 08:04 AM
    Lol ..if you need dual sim phone buy one , this not the way to go , I had my Tmobile 1+7P which only had single sim , converted to global version(flashed) which is a dual sim and changed the sim tray for dual sim one works perfect, having a external like this here not sure its great.

I am not sure that it is "great," but it works with your existing phone or tablet device. It will do the job if you don't want the expense of / or have the need to own a second dual sim phone for travel, etc.

I was just making a guess as to why he was doing it, but I was wrong anyway
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-28-2020 08:21 AM