10-06-2020 07:05 AM
40 12
tools
    Which factor do you find most important when buying a phone?

1 how much storage the device
    has.
    2How good the cameras are on a device.
    3 the battery life of a device.

(Had to edit this to say which ONE choice is the deciding factor.)
    Morty2264 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-27-2020 08:38 AM
    Which factor do you find most important when buying a phone?

1 how much storage the device
    has.
    2How good the cameras are on a device.
    3 the battery life of a device.
    Battery, camera and Storage.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2020 08:41 AM
    The quality/reliability.
    The price.
    The storage.
    Battery life (they all last long enough for me in a day).
    The camera (all the mid tier and up camera's are good enough for me).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2020 08:58 AM
    Wow, great post, and difficult to answer.

Storage size has never been an issue for me, so I rarely think about that when buying a new phone.

Camera has become more important to me ever since I had my Google Pixel 2.

Battery life is important as well, but as long as the battery is higher in mAH than my last phone, I'm usually pretty happy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2020 09:15 AM
    But what is the deciding factor which one of the three choices is most important to you?
    09-27-2020 09:25 AM
    I tend to upgrade every year to the latest top tier flagship. The price ends up being the least important, that's for sure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2020 09:50 AM
    None of the above. I much prefer a "clean" version of Android.

I'm never away from a charger long enough that battery life becomes an issue, and if I expect to be I have a pocket-size battery pack that will charge my phone enough to get back to a charger.

I don't keep a ton of music on my phone and pictures are backed up to Google Photos. Not to mention that my phone is not my primary photo device (negating the camera argument also).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2020 10:03 AM
    None of those are most important to me, the display probably is. If I must pick one of those it will be the camera even though I don't use my phones camera much.

All 3 are important but 64Gb is enough storage for me, still have nearly 20Gb free on my 64Gb Note 8 after 2 1/2 years and don't have an SD Card in it.

Battery life I get all day battey life from my Note 8 as I did previous phones. I work 10 hour shifts and use my phone for music via Bluetooth the entire shift and still have over 40% when I get home at night with a 2 1/2 year old battery. With how quickly phones have charged since the Note 4 I don't worry about it.

Camera, I enjoy having the best camera with me as possible at all times but with that said I own 9 cameras and over 20 lenses so I often have a dedicated camera with me. Apps like Instagram and snapchat are the primary use for my phones camera.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2020 10:41 AM
    Camera. Storage doesn't mean much to me since I primarily use the cloud for storage -- I've been doing fine with 64 GB. Battery life isn't a huge factor since I'm not using the phone heavily for hours straight.
    Morty2264 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-27-2020 12:11 PM
    Camera. Storage doesn't mean much to me since I primarily use the cloud for storage -- I've been doing fine with 64 GB. Battery life isn't a huge factor since I'm not using the phone heavily for hours straight.
    It seems that camera has unfortunately gone up in importance to me over the past couple of years. It has made me question some devices I otherwise would have enjoyed, had I purchased them. Pixels have spoiled us!
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-28-2020 10:24 PM
    None of those features are most important to me. I'd have to choose audio as the most important feature to me, since I'm a music fan and enjoy listening to high quality music files, such as FLAC and WAV.
    09-29-2020 01:59 AM
    nfc and wireless charging.
    cass_m likes this.
    09-29-2020 04:42 AM
    But what is the deciding factor which one of the three choices is most important to you?
    Are you trying to decide on a device or are you just curious how others feel?
    09-29-2020 05:54 AM
    I would say screen, camera and battery in that order are most important to me. Another key consideration is price as I'm not willing to pay $1000+ for a phone.
    rchapman80 and J Dubbs like this.
    09-29-2020 08:58 AM
    I prefer carrying everything with me, so a removeable SD card is important to me.
    A large display for my fat fingers with fair resolution AND sunlight readability.
    Fast enough to not have annoying lag.
    A good low light camera.
    A battery that doesn't make me run for a charger every hour.
    09-29-2020 09:01 AM
    None of those. NFC & IP68 top my list. Wireless charging /fast charging takes care of battery life for me.
    09-29-2020 09:44 AM
    Battery, then camera, then storage
    09-29-2020 09:50 AM
    Display size and quality, processor and amount of RAM, battery, storage, and finally, camera.
    09-29-2020 10:59 AM
    I didn't even consider NFC. I definitely want that, and it's what has prevented me from buying the Pixel 4a to replace my Pixel 2XL.
    09-29-2020 11:02 AM
    I didn't even consider NFC. I definitely want that, and it's what has prevented me from buying the Pixel 4a to replace my Pixel 2XL.
    The Pixel 4a has NFC. I use it frequently with Google Pay.
    09-29-2020 12:17 PM
    Difficult to answer and everyone will be different. For me my top three, in this order are:

1. Screen - This goes for everything I own with a screen. You look at it every time you use it. I want it to look great.
    2. Battery - Must get me through most days. With fast charging a thing now, this is becoming a little less a must for me. Again YMMV.
    3. Camera - We have a child and I am constantly taking photos and video of her. The camera must be good.

Anything else is just gravy.
    09-29-2020 12:41 PM
    The Pixel 4a has NFC. I use it frequently with Google Pay.
    For some reason I thought it was missing from spec sheets.

Know what? I'm thinking of the Motorola devices available on Fi (my carrier).
    09-29-2020 01:37 PM
    I agree but that would lead me to saying I have to have Samsung Pay. Which means....
    09-29-2020 05:22 PM
    Just looking for a general consensus on what people considered to be the most important feature on their phone
    09-29-2020 06:17 PM
    Hardware choices are plenty based on your budget. So no issues on that for me. But a phone is made smart by its software. I badly want to move to Android because I love it’s hardware. But unfortunately I can’t because I hate the WhatsApp app in Android. Whatsapp is the most used app on at least 80% of the phones. Whatsapp app on Android feels like a webpage compared to the iOS app experience. I can’t even download a picture without saving it into the gallery in Android. So Android WhatsApp treats a 1000$ phone and a 100$phone the same way spoiling the user experience of a high end phone. So for now I hate to use Android phone though I badly want to move to Android due to the lovely hardware choices I get. The whatsapp app user experience in android is the only thing keeping away from switching to android even though I hate iPhones and badly want to move to Android . If i was the head of Android, the user experience head of Android would have been dead by now!
    09-30-2020 12:35 AM
40 12