Why won't my android let me save a pdf after I open it from Yahoo?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can open the PDF but when I download it saves sometimes as a ES File Explorer other times it does save as a PDF. I used to be able to save to the cloud as PDF then download to my phone but that no longer works.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others reply please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

You mention Yahoo specifically, is this because you're using the Yahoo email app or because you're getting the PDFs from your Yahoo account?

Have you defaulted to open PDFs with the ES File Explorer app? Have you tried another app for opening and viewing PDFs? If you have defaulted to any app you can remove its default status if you ever want to change by going to Settings>Applications>any app name>Defaults>remove from default.

What device do you have?

What cloud service were you using? Is there a discernable difference between the PDFs you can only view and the ones you're able to save? Source, encryption, size, link, attachment?

Did ES File Explorer come preinstalled on your device? This is kind of an off topic question because I thought ES was being pulled from Google for violations... I just looked it up and the reviews are not good. Just as many 1 star reviews as 5 star.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just as many 1 star reviews as 5 star.
I may be one of those 1-star reviews. This app falls in line with Cheetah Mobile (I actually think it was bought by them) and should absolutely be removed from the device. I found Solid Explorer to be a (sorry) solid replacement, though there is a fee but I don't mind supporting good, legitimate developers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674