What happened to the back arrow that allowed you to go back to a prior page within the same app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My old phone died so I bought a new Motorola and I no longer find the arrows at the bottom of the screen that allowed me to go back to a prior page in the same app. When I am on an app like my chart I can bring up one blood test I want to go back to the main screen to look at another blood test but there's no arrow to allow that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Moto phone? If you have it set to gesture navigation, then you go back by swiping in from the left or right edge of the screen.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It depends on which navigation option you have selected. Being a new Moto device it's possible that their own gestures are enabled by default. If you see a thin line (pill) at the bottom of the screen swipe it to the left to go back.

The right steps to change navigation gestures/buttons will depend on your model and Android version. Also, go to the app drawer, open the Moto app and in Moto Actions make sure that "One-button nav" is disabled.