Assistant Menu Icon why can't this annoying thing be hidden?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

First they got rid of single click answering. Then they hid this deep inside their ridiculous menu system under Assistant which put that irritating icon on your screen but at least you could delete the icon though it would return every time you restarted your phone and instead of fixing their OS and making the phone remember this setting... NOW the icon shows up and you can't get rid of it. My question is simple: Are the android developers all glue sniffing Crack babies?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking your referring to Samsung, that assistance menu can disappear but does come back upon reboot , why they haven't tweaked it only Samsung knows .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And to be clear - if it's the menu/icon mustang7757 is referring to it's SAMSUNG doing this, not the core Android developers...
I don't think its android , as pixel would put the assiant menu with a guy at the bottom by navigation buttons, Samsung gives you transparent floating circle menu , so thats a Samsung tweak. I hear Samsung going overall its accessibility menu in Android 11 one UI 3.0

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-one-ui-3_id127178

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 10+ and am so frustrated with the stupid Assistant Menu icon on the home screen. I can't hide it anymore. I prefer single tap to answer calls and that feature is only available in the Assistant Menu to enable the function. Don't know why this function isn't under the "Answering and Ending Calls" section where it should be. I used to be able to tap, hold and drag the Assistant Menu button into a circle at the top of the screen to hide it. UI 3.0 removed the ability to hide the Assistant Menu button. It gets in the way so much when playing games, reading text, viewing webpages, etc. It's annoying and irritating to keep moving it around on the screen. Does anyone know if Samsung is going to have a fix for this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Note 10+ and am so frustrated with the stupid Assistant Menu icon on the home screen. I can't hide it anymore. I prefer single tap to answer calls and that feature is only available in the Assistant Menu to enable the function. Don't know why this function isn't under the "Answering and Ending Calls" section where it should be. I used to be able to tap, hold and drag the Assistant Menu button into a circle at the top of the screen to hide it. UI 3.0 removed the ability to hide the Assistant Menu button. It gets in the way so much when playing games, reading text, viewing webpages, etc. It's annoying and irritating to keep moving it around on the screen. Does anyone know if Samsung is going to have a fix for this?
That we not sure yet .

FXMum

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with the assistant menu button not being able to hide it now on a long press.

Did you ever find the answer??? Would love to have this issue resolved too. Thanks.

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with the assistant menu button not being able to hide it now on a long press.

Did you ever find the answer??? Would love to have this issue resolved too. Thanks.
Go into Settings>>Accessibility>> Interaction and dexterity ... there you will find some answers...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! It would help to know which device you have, and what you've tried so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc