During the day, it is hardly possible to pickup calls if you are in midst of any app. At night, the phone simply works as if nothing was wrong. I have Bitdefender antivirus also installed on phone. The phone is bought just a week back and for the first two days it was working normal.
    I observed the battery being consumed by CameraLightSensor, almost 25%, so switched it off.
    By disabling the second SIM, the phone improves a little.
    I have recently (1st October 2020) updated the software and I doubt this update has something to do with this ghost activity of phone.
    Has anyone solution to this?
    10-03-2020 11:52 AM
    Hi, I would start with the Antivirus and uninstall it see how everything goes , if still same monitor in safe mode .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-03-2020 11:57 AM
    Are you running anything (during the day) that's connected to the internet? If your internet connection gets super-slow during the day, that could be the cause. (And there's nothing you can do about that but turn off WiFi and mobile data. [Yes, you can still answer calls with no WiFi and no mobile data.])
    10-03-2020 12:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I fully agree with mustang7757. My guess is that some app is causing the system to slow down, and for some reason it's mostly running during the day. Safe Mode should help you narrow down the problem. https://www.hardreset.info/devices/s...m21/safe-mode/
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-03-2020 01:14 PM
    The slow down is not of internet, it is of the entire phone operations. Even if I get a call, the ringtone rings but screen doesn't show red/green buttons so that I can connect to the call. If i swipe down from top to see notifications, it takes more than 7 seconds to show the notifications. Next click and another 7-10 seconds wait. The screen freezes completely not allowing to do anything. Surprisingly when i reach home, the phone starts working as if nothing was wrong with it in the day.
    I tried disabling one one option. Blue light is off, Adaptive screen brightness(cameraLightSensor) is off. One observation is when I disable the second SIM, the phone performance improves upto 50%. The two service providers are fighting like anything for business, so is there some sort of programming on SIM which got activated on Samsung M21?
    Another observation is if I turn off mobile data then the phone performance improves by 25-30%.
    At home I get connected to Wifi which is not the case during the daytime, so is this linked to this?

I have done factory setting reset today. I hope the phone works fine.
    10-03-2020 11:48 PM
    The slow down is not of internet, it is of the entire phone operations. Even if I get a call, the ringtone rings but screen doesn't show red/green buttons so that I can connect to the call. If i swipe down from top to see notifications, it takes more than 7 seconds to show the notifications. Next click and another 7-10 seconds wait. The screen freezes completely not allowing to do anything. Surprisingly when i reach home, the phone starts working as if nothing was wrong with it in the day.
    I tried disabling one one option. Blue light is off, Adaptive screen brightness(cameraLightSensor) is off. One observation is when I disable the second SIM, the phone performance improves upto 50%. The two service providers are fighting like anything for business, so is there some sort of programming on SIM which got activated on Samsung M21?
    Another observation is if I turn off mobile data then the phone performance improves by 25-30%.
    At home I get connected to Wifi which is not the case during the daytime, so is this linked to this?

I have done factory setting reset today. I hope the phone works fine.
    Hi, welcome !
    Have you tried my suggestion?
    10-04-2020 12:25 AM
    As mustang7757 and I mentioned, Safe Mode is your next step.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-04-2020 01:43 AM
    I tried to use in safe mode. tried resetting factory settings by wiping out the phone. The phone remains dead slow when the mobile network is on and wifi is off. The speed improves drastically when the wifi is on. One more observation, this started since 1st October update was installed on the phone. I remember this because I did this manually. Now when I go on the update screen, it says software up to date, current version M215FXXU2ATI9 / M215FODM2ATI9 / M215FDDU2ATIA Security patch level 1ST SEPTEMBER 2020. Is this something related to the difference in update date (1st October) and security patch date(september) ?
    10-14-2020 04:23 AM
    I tried to use in safe mode. tried resetting factory settings by wiping out the phone. The phone remains dead slow when the mobile network is on and wifi is off. The speed improves drastically when the wifi is on. One more observation, this started since 1st October update was installed on the phone. I remember this because I did this manually. Now when I go on the update screen, it says software up to date, current version M215FXXU2ATI9 / M215FODM2ATI9 / M215FDDU2ATIA Security patch level 1ST SEPTEMBER 2020. Is this something related to the difference in update date (1st October) and security patch date(september) ?
    When you say you did update manually , you mean flashed through Odin?
    10-14-2020 09:52 AM
    Are you certain the update you used was for your specific variant? Flashing an update intended for a different variant can cause issues.
    10-14-2020 12:55 PM
    The update was done thru the phone software update option. I have not done anything manually. I just chose to update it.
    10-24-2020 01:14 AM
    I would try to reflash the firmware
    10-24-2020 01:24 AM